Pre-Game Talk: 27/10/15 | Habs @ Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
We all knew taking one of the big three of hammer , tanev or edler would cripple the team. Gonna be a long night

To be fair, none of us expected Hutton to be this good for us when we said that. Hutton has been playing like a borderline top 4 D and it really helped out. If we didn't have him, though, wow we'd be in trouble.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
To be fair, none of us expected Hutton to be this good for us when we said that. Hutton has been playing like a borderline top 4 D and it really helped out. If we didn't have him, though, wow we'd be in trouble.

Hutton also hasn't played the tough minutes that Hammer has.

IDK this is another test for Hutton. If he can come in and replace Hammers tough minutes I'm completely sold on him.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Not too worried about Hamhuis if it's not a long-term thing. I just bet vCash on the Canadiens and that means we're guaranteed to win tonight.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Edler Tanev
Sbisa Weber
Hutton Bartkowski
??

Yikes

I'm ok with those pairings at this point of time.

Weber looked pretty decent last game (CF 65.8%). IMO, the only knock on Weber is his size. He finished last season pretty strong and based on a sample size of 1 game, it looks like he's carried forward his confidence and good play

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I'm ok with those pairings at this point of time.

Weber looked pretty decent last game (CF 65.8%). IMO, the only knock on Weber is his size. He finished last season pretty strong and based on a sample size of 1 game, it looks like he's carried forward his confidence and good play

I like Weber, a lot actually, but I wouldn't call him a top 4 D either.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I like Weber, a lot actually, but I wouldn't call him a top 4 D either.

Based on a sample game size of 1, I concur with you.

I'm just saying that my stress level with regards to a Yannick anything pairing has drastically decreased over the last couple years.

I hope he doesn't make me regret my words tonight.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
we beat teams last year without Edler and Tanev both so I think we still got a chance tonight.

Montreal will cause us problems with their footspeed but I really think we will have our way with them in their defensive zone.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Even without Hamhuis I think we win tonight. Honestly though I'm happy how we've been playing and if we keep it up I'll be fine without making the playoffs and getting a decent draft pick.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
we beat teams last year without Edler and Tanev both so I think we still got a chance tonight.

Montreal will cause us problems with their footspeed but I really think we will have our way with them in their defensive zone.

Based on what? They've only given up 12 goals through 9 games. And Vancouver hasn't exactly been lighting up anyone

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Anaheim somehow scored and is winning 1-0

I hope they lose or it's down to the Canucks to beat the Habs and I'll win enough $$$ for an entire year of groceries.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Based on a sample game size of 1, I concur with you.

I'm just saying that my stress level with regards to a Yannick anything pairing has drastically decreased over the last couple years.

I hope he doesn't make me regret my words tonight.

Yeah, he's full of piss n vinegar

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
I feel pretty confident in predicting a loss by at least 12 goals. I'll say 14-1 Habs. Weise with 4 goals. Sbisa gets 35 minutes of icetime. He scores on a deflection and ends up -13.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I still don't think Montreal is overwhelming defensively. Beating Price is the hard part.

They play solid team defence and do a good job of keeping shooters to the outside. Price is amazing but it's not all him this year. He's really only needed to be great in one or two games so far

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'd like to see them try this kind of lineup at some point:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Higgins - Sutter - Burrows
Kenins - Horvat - Hansen
Prust - McCann - Dorsett

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
a team that relies on both sbisa and bartkowski for heavy minutes is going to have a rough night

you'd hope that this would be the one game where desjardins actually takes advantage of last change and puts tanev-edler out every time against the white hot plekanec line, but we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad