Pre-Game Talk: 27/10/15 | Habs @ Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Jesus people are so offensive.

I think the word you are looking for is "sensitive".

And there's nothing wrong with his reply, nor is there with calling Price a "hometown boy". BC is a big province, but chances are if you grew up somewhere in BC, you've spent time in other parts of it - including Vancouver.

BoardsOfFun

Oct 20, 2015
The addition of Petry really stabilized Montreal's D... so super goalie, great D, and above average offence pretty much explains Montreal's success but I still see the Nucks handing the Habs their first loss tonite

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
The addition of Petry really stabilized Montreal's D... so super goalie, great D, and above average offence pretty much explains Montreal's success but I still see the Nucks handing the Habs their first loss tonite

Their forward depth is still weak. Weise on the 3rd line seems odd. I realize he's producing, but it's like having Dorsett on the 3rd line in Vancouver. If Weise was on any team's 4th line, then they're legit intimating.

Dana Murzyn

Oct 5, 2005
Wouldn't it have more to do with Brandon Sutter taking draws, leaving Henrik to only have to take them on his strong side?

Which is why getting a right handed faceoff man was a good fit for this team - going away from the 4 left hand shot centremen in Henrik, Horvat, Bonino and McCann.

Will be interesting to see Howe these numbers look at the end of the season.

Howe they look will depend on if this is sustainable Orr not.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
This has "one of those games" written all over it. Either we lose 6-0 or win 3-1

Although we did run Price out of the rink once in Vancouver, I don't think he'll have that night tonight. With the Canuck's lack of goalscoring, it's going to be hard to get more than 2 goals past Price. So either Miller needs a shutout or the Sedins and Vrbata break out.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Their forward depth is still weak. Weise on the 3rd line seems odd. I realize he's producing, but it's like having Dorsett on the 3rd line in Vancouver. If Weise was on any team's 4th line, then they're legit intimating.

Forget what Weise was here when he was being terribly mis-used. He isn't just a 3rd liner, he's a damn good one. 30 point ES scorer at this point.

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
This is the easiest game to bet against the Canucks. Either you get the shallow happiness of winning vCash, or you lose vCash in exchange for winning to the Habs. :)

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Anyone else betting Henrik and Horvat take Face offs against each other in practice to improve.

Obviously, but I mean probably why Henrik has improved

BoardsOfFun

Oct 20, 2015

I guess we'll know by Christmas time if the Habs are legit or if was just flash in the pan, racking up points early in the season has its benefits tho, key players get to rest sooner before the playoffs, recoup from injuries

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
3-0 habs they always beat us and i hate that team so will be a terrible game

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014

Montreal has scored 35 goals this season. Tops in the nhl. And all 4 lines are contributing. Even Torry Mitchell has as many points playing on tbe 4th line as Henrik does. I don't think depth is a concern for them

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Howe they look will depend on if this is sustainable Orr not.

I like this reply a lot.

I read an some tweets today about this saying it's probably a small improvement plus our home ice advantage. Your percentage goes up at home, where I think we were like 59 percent, vs away where we were like 49. So still an improvement.

Willie also said Hank played with a bad shoulder all last season, and that could have been part of it, but it was speculation on his part.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

The plan was to have Kassian on the third line... Obviously had to adjust given the circumstances.

For the record, Weise isn't just producing, he just plays really well and gets a ton of scoring chances. Ideally he'd be on our 4th line, but he's not a weak link per se. Semin is the real wildcard on the right wing. A good season and he can completely change the dynamic of the offense by himself. So far, he's been on and off

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Habs

• Montreal getting scoring from all 4 lines.
  • Montreal rolling all 4 lines with balanced minutes
  • 4 players already reaching double digits in points - Patches, Markov, Plekanec, Subban) (while we have two at 6 points - Burrows, Sutter)
  • Price playing out of his mind with 2 shutouts already

Nucks

• Should be interesting to see if WD has the patience to keep the lines together if we get behind the 8 ball early.
  • I'm hoping we see the pizza-free Sbisa tonight. Montreal snipers don't need any additional help
  • Would a Yannick power play bomb from the point and/or a Vrbata one timer from the left faceoff-circle be asking too much?
  • Hutton versus Subban.....ooooo I'm excited!!

My heart is on the Nucks - GCG
but my wallet is on the Habs

:bb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad