GDT: #27 – Sabres at Panthers – Sat Dec 6, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Did any of you guys hear the Panthers feed saying Stewart refused to sit with his teammates in the locker room during 2nd intermission? Thought I heard that, but I was a room over and haven't rewound the DVR yet.

How the hell would they know? ... Nobody from Florida would be allowed in the Locker room

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Can't leave us with a grenade like that. Start rewinding. :laugh:

How the hell would they know? ... Nobody from Florida would be allowed in the Locker room

Just went back. Panthers "sideline reporter" reported that Stewart took off his gear in changing room and sat there shaking his head and refused to join team in locker room. Report happens at 6:12 remaining in 3rd.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Just went back. Panthers "sideline reporter" reported that Stewart took off his gear in changing room and sat there shaking his head and refused to join team in locker room. Report happens at 6:12 remaining in 3rd.

Thanks for the update

Sounds like he put more effort into his hissy fit than he does in his play.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

That sideline reporter is Bill Lindsay and yes he said that.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Although I always appreciate penguin footage, this wasn't in good taste.

No it wasn't. Tallon already personally apologized to the Sabres management in attendance. It was not a specific shot at the snow storm. Just something silly the marketing dept always does when the panthers play an northern team at home during the winter months. Obviously should not have done it this time though.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
So Stewart wasn't injured, but he had a hissy fit? About ice time?

I know it's probably wrong, but I really wish(ed) Stewart could've been put on the top line and scored enough to be decent trade bait right now. I never liked him and never wanted to keep him. Just wish he could be worth a 2nd or a vet d-man with a cap hit for next season. Right now he's worthless.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The fact that people are offended by that video is insane. It's obviously not done with malicious intent, and it's even more obvious that people are just looking for something to be offended about. Such bull. I really hope the Sabres org doesn't make a big deal about this, I would lose a lot of respect for T-Peg and ™. This is coming from someone who spent their first 22 years living there, so I get it.

Last edited:

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
The fact that people are offended by that video is insane. It's obviously not done with malicious intent, and it's even more obvious that people are just looking for something to be offended about. Such bull. I really hope the Sabres org doesn't make a big deal about this, I would lose a lot of respect for T-Peg and ™. This is coming from someone who spent their first 22 years living there, so I get it.

I wasn't offended by the video at all, it was clearly just a harmless jab, but that particular storm will be remembered for taking 10+ lives and it's still fresh in everyone's minds. Not a real smart move by their media dept. given that context.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

They posted a few video clips specific to our recent storm. A storm that caused the deaths of a few people as well as causing a lot of destruction of property from collapses. As Pegula or murray put it, There is nothing funny about people dying in a snow storm.

I'm hoping it was just staffers not realizing the level of destruction that storm caused. If not, that was pretty callous.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I wasn't offended by the video at all, it was clearly just a harmless jab, but that particular storm will be remembered for taking 10+ lives and it's still fresh in everyone's minds. Not a real smart move by their media dept. given that context.

This isn't aimed at you since you don't seem to care much, but they get heat waves in Florida that take 10 lives a piece, you know? I don't see why it would be taboo to show snow storm footage, considering that it was national news, but the deaths were not (didn't hear about them where I am). They probably just googled "buffalo snow storm," and took whatever they found. You have to look at intent, if you want to be taken seriously, right? It was obviously not meant maliciously. And I'm a PC liberal who doesn't use any slanderous or controversial terms at all, if I can help it, and am all about thinking of other people's feeling when you speak. But this is just a harmless joke. Whatever, everybody's offended these days.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
They posted a few video clips specific to our recent storm. A storm that caused the deaths of a few people as well as causing a lot of destruction of property from collapses. As Pegula or murray put it, There is nothing funny about people dying in a snow storm.

I'm hoping it was just staffers not realizing the level of destruction that storm caused. If not, that was pretty callous.

Yes, of course. Those Florida intern video editors were just dancing on graves.

MattyB101

Mar 9, 2014
Rochester NY
I see this more as an instance of the Panthers' media team putting their foot in their mouth. Buffalo gets ribbed all the time about snow, so I'm sure they were just running with that well-trodden joke and didn't really consider the tragic side of the recent storm. Anyway, props to Mr. Pegula and Tim Murray for pointing it out to the Panthers' GM.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I see this more as an instance of the Panthers' media team putting their foot in their mouth. Buffalo gets ribbed all the time about snow, so I'm sure they were just running with that well-trodden joke and didn't really consider the tragic side of the recent storm. Anyway, props to Mr. Pegula and Tim Murray for pointing it out to the Panthers' GM.

I agree - they're true heroes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad