GDT: #27 – Sabres at Panthers – Sat Dec 6, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Don't worry, by June, there'll be people saying he'd be no better than the third best defenseman in this draft and maybe the 6th or 7th pick. :laugh:

Well, that might be true, considering that Hanifin is a freaking stud, and Kylington you could argue as well.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Hodgson needs rockets installed in his skates. He is so slow.

Re watched the goal. Bjugstad was a couple strides behind Hodgson when he was at the top of the panthers faceoff circle. By the redline he as already a couple strides ahead of him.

Then Cody did his trademark coast which essentially turned 3 on 3 into a 3 on 2.

Weber and Myers both go to Bjugstad initially because Cody is too far back to do anything and they see that.

Then Cody covers the guy off to the side and in no position to score. I was thinking could this guy being any more clueless on how to play in his own end.

He should have been skating hard all the way to our net. It's like their is a device that disables his legs at the blueline. Had he been skating hard he would have caught Bjugstad not far inside our blueline. Or at least would have gotten to the slot to protect the front of the net and pick up any trailers. Instead he floats off to the side and sticks like glue to the least dangerous Panther all while not even looking to see how the play was developing.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
You know who else is a freaking stud? Aaron Ekblad.

Eh, I'd take Hanifin ahead of Ekblad. Kylington is close, but I'd probably take Ekblad over him.

It's certainly debateable though. Calling Ekblad the third best of the three isn't preposterous (and 6th/7th pick is also possible given that forwards tend to get drafted early, and this draft has tons of them at the top).

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
So is Ekblad.

This is nuts. Going back to last draft. Ekblad was obviously the best player in the draft. Best D prospect in many many years. Better than Hanifin. Better than Kylington. Better than Jones. IMO.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Top line has been fairly ineffective tonight .... out side one shift by Ennis all 3 have been invisible.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 1m1 minute ago

#Sabres owner Terry Pegula upset w/ #FlaPanthers over pregame video; interspersed scenes of Buffalo snowstorm w/ team mascot in the sun etc.

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 1m1 minute ago

#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon said he didn't see the video but was told about it; says he understands if #Sabres org is upset; he apologized

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 2m2 minutes ago

Overheard from Pegula/Tallon/T.Murray conversation: "People dying in a snowstorm isn't funny" ... #Sabres #FlaPanthers

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Hodgson needs rockets installed in his skates. He is so slow.

Re watched the goal. Bjugstad was a couple strides behind Hodgson when he was at the top of the panthers faceoff circle. By the redline he as already a couple strides ahead of him.

Then Cody did his trademark coast which essentially turned 3 on 3 into a 3 on 2.

Weber and Myers both go to Bjugstad initially because Cody is too far back to do anything and they see that.

Then Cody covers the guy off to the side and in no position to score. I was thinking could this guy being any more clueless on how to play in his own end.

He should have been skating hard all the way to our net. It's like their is a device that disables his legs at the blueline. Had he been skating hard he would have caught Bjugstad not far inside our blueline. Or at least would have gotten to the slot to protect the front of the net and pick up any trailers. Instead he floats off to the side and sticks like glue to the least dangerous Panther all while not even looking to see how the play was developing.

The best part is not only does he pick the wrong guy to lock onto originally, which could happen, but then instead of stopping in front of the net to clean up the mess, he stays with the first guy into the corner for no reason. Let that guy go Cody, he is taking himself out of the play, no reason to do the same.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@GeorgeRichards

#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon apologized to #Sabres owner Terry Pegula and GM Tim Murray for team's pregame video poking fun of the snowstorm.

#Sabres owner Terry Pegula upset w/ #FlaPanthers over pregame video; interspersed scenes of Buffalo snowstorm w/ team mascot in the sun etc.

#FlaPanthers GM Dale Tallon said he didn't see the video but was told about it; says he understands if #Sabres org is upset; he apologized

Overheard from Pegula/Tallon/T.Murray conversation: "People dying in a snowstorm isn't funny" ... #Sabres #FlaPanthers

Don't think #FlaPanthers in-game staff considered the tragedy from Buffalo snowstorm. Was just showing that the weather is nice here, etc.

Dale Tallon on #FlaPanthers #Sabres video: "I can't comment on it because I haven't seen it .-.-. But if they're upset, rightfully so.''

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Did any of you guys hear the Panthers feed saying Stewart refused to sit with his teammates in the locker room during 2nd intermission? Thought I heard that, but I was a room over and haven't rewound the DVR yet.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
what happened to the picture on MSG? Please say its MSG and not my TV

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Did any of you guys hear the Panthers feed saying Stewart refused to sit with his teammates in the locker room during 2nd intermission? Thought I heard that, but I was a room over and haven't rewound the DVR yet.

Can't leave us with a grenade like that. Start rewinding. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad