GDT: #26 | Penguins vs. Sabres | 3-11 | 7:00 PM | Down, Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sodfather

Jan 19, 2021
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Pens board: "Dole..Man! You guys are crazy! When we were in New York, we were assaulted by them Buffalo's. You know what I mean by assaulted? I mean assaulted!"

Oddball: Would you knock it off with them negative waves...? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is in here.. Why don't you say.. something righteous... and hopeful for a change...?

UNlR.gif

LGP!!!

I love that movie.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
No, the Sabres special teams are way better than the Pens...if they can draw some penalties, that’s their path to a win...the Sabres PP is 5th in the league at 29%, Pens at 17% and 24th in league...has the Pens PK even cleared 80%? Doubtful...

EDIT: also, the Pens have been putrid on the road...4-7-1

Last edited:

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Really? Is this your first year watching the Pens? Even in the cup years and the years when the Pens are tops in the division they play down to their opponent. It's kind of their thing. I mean even when Chicago bottomed out and were trending as one of the worst teams in the league, the Pens still couldn't beat them. The way the Pens have been playing in March (big shocker there, the Pens being good in March, also kind of their thing) and the way Buffalo has been playing this season and without Eichel, this game should be a one sided blow out by the Pens. However, I am pretty sure it will be a game where us drinkers may need to get a little inebriated. It will likely be a one goal game and we may even see a shootout. With Buffalo playing a third string goalie, there is a greater chance that the Pens get shut out, then there is a chance that the Pens mop the floor with them.

Did you watch down the stretch in 2009 or 2016? Where we barely lost a single game? We only lost to Chicago (who was still good) and the Flyers down the stretch in 2017.

All those years where we were "at the top" and went nowhere in the playoffs? Those weren't good teams. Us regularly playing down to teams is the sign that we weren't a good team, regardless of our record. Das my point.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I hope Jake goes a run after that snipe from the last game. I feel like he's really been lacking confidence - or worse his injury is still hampering him. Not as assertive, reluctant to shoot and when he has it hasn't been the same rocket we're used to. TBH I've been more worried about him than Crosby or Malkin this season, you know those guys will get back to at least being good, if not great, but someone like Guentzal is capable of going into a longer funk, and this team really needs him.

Geno seems to have found his Jake, so hopefully we're back to having "duos" for those two. Makes filling in the other 2 slots in the top 6 so much easier when they have that wingman already.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
<OT> Which one did you get? I got Pfizer #1 a couple of weeks ago with zero side effects. However several folk like me got sick as hell for a day after Pfizer #2? We shall see. Congrats on getting your shot, that is great news and a new lease on life!
I got Pfizer 2 zero side effects

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad