GDT: #26 | Penguins vs. Sabres | 3-11 | 7:00 PM | Down, Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I'm going to a Q game for the first time since the pandemic started. So I'll be box score watching and reading the comments here. They have to beat the Sabres. They'll rue the games that they don't.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Good teams don’t play down to bad teams. Guess we’ll see how much hope there is tonight.
Really? Is this your first year watching the Pens? Even in the cup years and the years when the Pens are tops in the division they play down to their opponent. It's kind of their thing. I mean even when Chicago bottomed out and were trending as one of the worst teams in the league, the Pens still couldn't beat them. The way the Pens have been playing in March (big shocker there, the Pens being good in March, also kind of their thing) and the way Buffalo has been playing this season and without Eichel, this game should be a one sided blow out by the Pens. However, I am pretty sure it will be a game where us drinkers may need to get a little inebriated. It will likely be a one goal game and we may even see a shootout. With Buffalo playing a third string goalie, there is a greater chance that the Pens get shut out, then there is a chance that the Pens mop the floor with them.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Got my covid vaccine today so I probably won't be able to stay up all night, as I feel pretty tired already. Just don't do the Penguins thing and give up points tonight. We will easily make playoffs if we play clean hockey against the 2 bottom teams

AndrewGaze

Apr 5, 2013
you don’t know them well enough then...they’re going to relax at any opportunity to think they have this team beat and then excuse it afterwards as “taking their foot off the gas and we have to learn from it,” even though it’s happened to them 1,000 times before...guarantee that they get down 2 or 3 goals before they actually come to play tonight...if they don’t get a scare of losing to the Sabres, they’ll be out for a light evening skate and be incredibly lazy...

Yeah, I'll see you out on the ice Andy.

Reactions: Andy99

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
These games scare me more then anything because they are the games you are supposed to and need to win.

If you lose then they hurt that much more and were back to the sell Geno and Crosby post :laugh:

That being said its the NHL and any team any night.......we better be ready

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Got my covid vaccine today so I probably won't be able to stay up all night, as I feel pretty tired already. Just don't do the Penguins thing and give up points tonight. We will easily make playoffs if we play clean hockey against the 2 bottom teams
<OT> Which one did you get? I got Pfizer #1 a couple of weeks ago with zero side effects. However several folk like me got sick as hell for a day after Pfizer #2? We shall see. Congrats on getting your shot, that is great news and a new lease on life!

Reactions: Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Pens board: "Dole..Man! You guys are crazy! When we were in New York, we were assaulted by them Buffalo's. You know what I mean by assaulted? I mean assaulted!"

Oddball: Would you knock it off with them negative waves...? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is in here.. Why don't you say.. something righteous... and hopeful for a change...?

UNlR.gif

LGP!!!

Reactions: The Sodfather

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
<OT> Which one did you get? I got Pfizer #1 a couple of weeks ago with zero side effects. However several folk like me got sick as hell for a day after Pfizer #2? We shall see. Congrats on getting your shot, that is great news and a new lease on life!

my Pfizer #2 is happening on the 18th and I’ve blocked off the 19th from any work just in case I’ve got a fever, also based on what other people told me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad