GDT: #26 New Jersey Devils (9-12-4) @ Toronto Maple Leafs (13-8-3) - 7:30PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yea, this really might have been his swan song tonight especially since Pete apparently blew a gasket on him at the bench during the second period.

lol I didn't even see the game, but this doesn't shock me. I think we're all done with him.

When can I say..."I told you so" about gomer? Just kidding..glad he's playing well and glad the team got a win!

Only if I get to pop off an I told you so about Brunner :laugh:

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
It's amazing to me that even at his age and playing in his first 2 games, what Gomez brings feels like a breath of fresh air in our forward group.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
People talk about our increased speed but evidently this is a more physical lineup too:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 4m4 minutes ago
Devils outhit Maple Leafs 50-36. The 50 hits were a season high by wide margin. Previous high was 36 in opener in Philadelphia.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 4m4 minutes ago
Seth Helgeson led the way with 10 hits. Eric Gelinas had 6. Jordin Tootoo had 5 in 5:45 of ice time.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2m2 minutes ago
Tonight was a continuation of third period vs. Pittsburgh. They had 16 hits in third.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I totally missed this. Seems like he was benched, but I didn't know he got ripped apart.

lol I didn't even see the game, but this doesn't shock me. I think we're all done with him.

Only if I get to pop off an I told you so about Brunner :laugh:

Ferraro mentioned it on the TSN feed. Brunner didn't get the puck deep and came back to the bench to get an earful from Pete.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Gomez may very well be the best 2nd best forward on the team right now after Henrique, which is absolutely horrifying on so many levels.

goawaygary*

Yea, this really might have been his swan song tonight especially since Pete apparently blew a gasket on him at the bench during the second period.

He did have an assist and a couple of shots today

Brunner does have offensive skill. How much offense can we afford to jettison from the lineup at this point. He has 3 points in his last 4 games. It's not like he's been doing nothing of late

goawaygary*

To be honest I don't miss Zajac at all.

eh. He doesn't provide much offensively but Toronto did have a lot of scoring chances today. I don't think they get as many with Zajac in the lineup tonight.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
He did have an assist and a couple of shots today

Brunner does have offensive skill. How much offense can we afford to jettison from the lineup at this point. He has 3 points in his last 4 games. It's not like he's been doing nothing of late

yea seriously he is what he is, if he puts up points I'm fine with him because we don't have that many forwards that can put up points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad