GDT: #26 – Oilers at Sabres – Tue Dec 6, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Never mind using Let Me Clear My Throat as the goal song...

an OT game win calls for something...GLORIOUS!

You could say that was a Glorious...Bomb

Glorious
No, I won't give in
I wont give in
'till i'm victorious

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
That game was one of the most frustrating I remember, happy ending thankfully. As I said in some thread about the captaincy, I don't know why Ristolainen isn't included in the conversation. He's got fire in his belly and ice in his veins, a Norse god.

If ROR doesn't get the C(or Jack, for that matter), I'd have no problem with Risto getting it. At worst, make him an A.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I love this idea!

Bobby Roooooooooodddeeee

The funny thing is, the AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds held a fan vote to determine the goal song-Glorious Domination(the full title of the song)won and someone whipped up a video of it(it's on YouTube)...but in the end they stayed with their old standby.

I will say this: If I was in charge of the music(or even had a hand in it)at the KeyBank Library, NO ONE would be snoozing.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
To underline this point:

The Sabres played back to back games.

Rasmus Ristolainen: 1G, 4A. 59:51 TOI.

Methinks he's becoming a legit #1 NHL guy. Not just a #1 on a bad team.

In the post-game presser scrum, Risto said he felt great and could go again tomorrow.

All I have to add is....too much! :handclap:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
This thread was hilarious to read as i caught up with the game. Some of you need to cut back on the meth.

Great win, tired, major injuries to guys both out and those on the ice. Chuckled that bylsma had to make a comment about risto's stick after the game. Can't help himself.

For those that brought up the draisatl over reinhart point, I was only half watching the game, but did he do anything beside the tip?

Side note, Reinhart must keep attacking with jack in the lineup. Don't defer, drive as well and create openings. Missed a goal but also set up eich for great chance, but beyond a specific play Samson was not choosing to carry the puck at traffic, instead he looked to set up Eich too much. Fine balance for a guy like him, needs enough shooting bias to take an opening, while not neglecting his elite skill set as a passer.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Side note, Reinhart must keep attacking with jack in the lineup. Don't defer, drive as well and create openings. Missed a goal but also set up eich for great chance, but beyond a specific play Samson was not choosing to carry the puck at traffic, instead he looked to set up Eich too much. Fine balance for a guy like him, needs enough shooting bias to take an opening, while not neglecting his elite skill set as a passer.
Yep. As good as his passing is, if he becomes one-dimensional, he and that line are not going to be effective. He has the skill to force the play with the puck, and he needs to do it more. I think it's mostly a confidence issue, because he has shown it in flashes this year.

sabregoat

Sep 22, 2005
Hamburg, NY
Here is a question for you tech people. When I click on the above media(twitter), I get the message that this media is not available. I get the same when I am trying to look at video on twitter from my computer. What media viewer do I download in order to view it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad