|
21 Ference, 25 Nurse, 26 Pakarinen, 62 Gryba, 88 Davidson​

** Lineups always subject to change at morning and pre-game skates **

Last edited:

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
I'd love to be at this game, but I'm stuck in Pittsburgh for interviews and such. I'll be taking a B-line straight from downtown to Shadyside to catch the game at William Penn.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
So how do we wake Jack and Sam up? Girgensons played with lots of energy last night, seems like an obvious choice ;)

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
12-6: DAN BYLSMA WITH HOWARD AND JEREMY ON WGR (17:02)
#Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma is on WGR right now! Tune in:

Bylsma on Eichel - he got pinned up against the boards and was laboring a bit. You often end up tweaking a high ankle sprain #Sabres

Bylsma on Eichel - as far as I can tell, his ankle was a little sore but he seems good to go tonight against Edmonton #Sabres

Bylsma - your defense runs your team, dictates how you move the puck on a rush. Have to simplify executions with the group we have #Sabres

Bylsma on Guhle - he's shown what he can do. Last night was better defensively especially against Ovechkin. He stood in there well #Sabres

Bylsma - it's up to Guhle to decide how long he stays in Buffalo. He has to make the job hard on us to decide. #Sabres

Bylsma - Kulikov is practicing this morning, hopefully he'll play here real soon. Fedun is day-to-day. Bogosian still a ways away... #Sabres

Bylsma - We hope to have Bogosian start skating this week #Sabres

Bylsma on McDavid - He can generate so much speed from a distance. No one will catch him in full flight. We have to get in his way #Sabres

Bylsma - I'm a big advocate of any way the puck goes in the net it should be allowed. Kicking the puck in should be allowed. #Sabres

Bylsma - I'm a fan of calling more penalties. You want to increase scoring? Call more penalties #Sabres

Bylsma - I like the 3-2-1 point system to show that regulation wins are more important #Sabres

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Bylsma - it's up to Guhle to decide how long he stays in Buffalo. He has to make the job hard on us to decide. #Sabres

so he can stay even when the D is healthy?

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

Bylsma knows a guy that can keep the D unhealthy.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Going as well. 100s.

Hope for a nice win. Mcdavid with a highlight reel goal. Jack with 2, and the gwg.

JackTheRipper

Feb 11, 2015
Buffalo sports has crushed my soul these last two days so I'm expecting Jack will sit out tonight and McDavid will score 4.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Was debating if I wanted to try and catch this one live, or DVR it or something and save it for another day when I had less going on... if Eichel is playing (sounds like he is per Bylsma), I guess I'm watching. If he's a late scratch to give his ankle a break, I shall take a break as well.

Go good guys!

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Our go to guy on CBA matters, dotcommunism in the Guhle recall thread

His ELC will still slide if he plays fewer than 10 NHL games this season, yes.

The details regarding recalls from major juniors, specifically, are part of the NHL/CHL agreement and not available to the general public. This article from when Sven Baertschi was recalled from juniors tells us "The Flames were able to recall Baertschi from junior based on an agreement between the NHL and CHL that states if a team is on its third emergency situation, the club can recall a player from major junior."

That said, since we don't have the exact wording to look at, it's unclear exactly what that means.

As for recalls under emergency conditions, we can look to the CBA for that:

13.12(m) Emergency Recall.
(i) A Player on Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the League may be Recalled from such Loan under emergency conditions at any time for the duration of the emergency only following which he must be returned promptly to the club from which he was Recalled.
(ii) Emergency conditions shall be established when the playing strength of the Loaning Club, by reason of incapacitating injury or illness or by League suspension to its Players is reduced below the level of two (2) goalkeepers, six (6) defensemen and twelve (12) forwards.
Proof of the existence of the emergency conditions including the incapacity shall be furnished to the Commissioner of the League upon request made by him.
(iii) For the purpose of establishing the existence of emergency conditions at any time, to support the Recall of a Player for participation in any Playoff Game, it shall be deemed that the Player(s) on Loan following 3:00 p.m. New York time of the fortieth (40th) day immediately preceding the last day of the Regular Season are continuing on Loan for the remainder of the season notwithstanding that the Loaned club(s) may have been eliminated from further play for the season.

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Reading through some things.

It looks as though its based on whether players are placed in IR or are suspended. If you fall below 2 goalies, 6 dmen and 12 forwards at any time because of this you can make emergency call ups.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
What counts as one the 6 D? Do Fedun and Falk count? Is it just 1 way contracts?

I think that this is the way it's working:

Fedun was the first emergency recall
Falk was the second emergency recall
Guhle was the third emergency recall
Burg was the fourth emergency recall

I'm pretty sure that Burgdoerfer will be the first guy sent back as he was the latest emergency recall. Doesn't matter which D gets healthy.

Guhle then, in theory, would be the 2nd defenseman sent back.

So to sum: Once Fedun and Kulikov are healthy (since they're the ones that appear like they'll be back soonest), then Guhle will be sent back.

HOWEVER, it is possible that we don't need to "prioritize" emergency recall send-backs. So....in theory, Falk might be able to get sent back to Rochester before Guhle.

So, theoretical situation:

Fedun healthy -- Burg sent back. Risto, McCabe, Franson, Fedun, Falk, Guhle.
Kulikov healthy -- Falk sent back. Risto, McCabe, Franson, Kulikov, Fedun, Guhle.
Gorges healthy -- Fedun sent back. Risto, McCabe, Franson, Kulikov, Gorges, Guhle.
Bogo healthy -- Guhle sent back.

My guess is that Bylsma was referencing the latter situation in which we do not have to send emergency recalls back in the reverse order in which we called them up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad