GDT: #25 Pens @ Sabres 3/11 Another night of Krueger magic

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
When asked if the penguins are preparing for this game like any other, considering their opponent is the Sabres, Crosby stated, “of course we are going to treat them the same. Whether its playing against toddlers, the Sabres, or turtles with cute hats on their heads, I want to win. I mean would you treat an arm wrestling match any differently just because your opponent is 9-year old fan asking for an autograph??? I mean, would you go any less hard during a pickup basketball game just because you are playing an elementary school?! Of course not. So yes, we are going to try against the Sabres, even if it sounds ridiculous to some”

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

Principles
They are even worse at ACTUAL goals for and against than their xgf/xga! 1 goal for, 7 against, worst in the league!
BUF.png
Rieder-Eakin-Okposo
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
F123.61612.5%170.493.4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Team Cozens

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
These lines produced 4 ES goals against the Flyers on Tuesday. I can understand running them back against the Pens.
True but it would be nice if the coach understood that was primarily a product of the goalie we faced in the first period. Not his lines or team playing well.

Ygo

Oct 19, 2015
I'm hoping to lose every game till Krueger is gone. Last thing I want is a flurry at the end of the season to give a false sense. "Let's give Krueger one more season, the process is working!!!"
The biggest mystery to me is why do 3 consecutive Sabres coaches have a very different perception of the top players on the team compared to conventional hockey peeps or analytics? Dan loved himself some Risto (to the tune of +2k minutes/season) and JG playing 20+ per game. PH loved Sobotka and refused to play Pommers and now Ralph is rolling REO and hating on Skinner. How does this happen?

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
The biggest mystery to me is why do 3 consecutive Sabres coaches have a very different perception of the top players on the team compared to conventional hockey peeps or analytics? Dan loved himself some Risto (to the tune of +2k minutes/season) and JG playing 20+ per game. PH loved Sobotka and refused to play Pommers and now Ralph is rolling REO and hating on Skinner. How does this happen?

Perhaps because they are basing their decisions on subjective opinions/biases about what is going on, as opposed to a more objective/analytical approach to what is going on.

If they followed the data and ignored bias, presumably we would have different results. These guys also love to reward players who do what the coach asks; they have favorites, and they are often not the best players on the team.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Honestly, most posters on this forum could put better lines together than Krueger. How is Okposo still playing? Hutton? WE all knew a goalie was needed in the off season. We needed to trade a RHD. Nothing. A player like Wood was an obvious style of player needed but he’s having a fantastic season with the Devils. Ship had sailed. That’s not on the coach but I just don’t understand any of the Sabres thought process.

tunaboy

Dec 22, 2016
the only way we fire Krueger is if we loose badly so hoping for 11-2 win for pitts .Get the hell out of sabreland for good .He could not coach a gamee of ping pong let alone hockey for the love of god please help us !

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
the only way we fire Krueger is if we loose badly so hoping for 11-2 win for pitts .Get the hell out of sabreland for good .He could not coach a gamee of ping pong let alone hockey for the love of god please help us !

If Krueger is still the coach now, he will still be the coach after another loss tonight against Pittsburgh.

I think he's here for the season, almost regardless of how the team looks. I don't know; you would think if we lose 20 in a row they'd do something, but maybe not!

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I think it comes down to money for the Pegula's. They don't want to pay Ralph 2 million to sit at home and then 4 million next year. The fact he got 4 million a year is crazy.

I just hate that they keep trotting JJ out there and they start so well and then they have a brainfart and a puck ends up in the net and Vesuvius erupts and JJ gets peppered with high danger shots. He is not elite at stopping them and struggles.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I think it comes down to money for the Pegula's. They don't want to pay Ralph 2 million to sit at home and then 4 million next year. The fact he got 4 million a year is crazy.

I just hate that they keep trotting JJ out there and they start so well and then they have a brainfart and a puck ends up in the net and Vesuvius erupts and JJ gets peppered with high danger shots. He is not elite at stopping them and struggles.

Team still has a better shot at winning with JJ in net than Hutton, but really they should've acquired a proper #1 goalie during the offseason to avoid this mess altogether

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad