GDT: #25| Flyers at Penguins| Sat, Dec. 1|7:00PM|It's going down/One of those days..|PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
@pixiesfanyo - Just saw your post about Buff. What a ****ing joke that team of doctors is. Utterly shocked that a guy who couldn't even find his way to the bench is concussed. It was a ****ing joke he returned. It makes me furious. Take player safety serious. We all saw it and NONE of us are doctors.

I mean.. this is a league that denies there is a connection lol.

Like I said, I don’t really agree with Car Bomb’s methods, but at least we have someone saying there are problems in the game that need addressed.

Reactions: ColePens

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If Hornqvist is healthy what are they going to run..

I assume...

Jake - Crosby - Simon
Pearson - Malkin - Rust
ZAR - Brassard - Kessel
Grant - Sheahan - Hornqvist

what I’d prefer..

Jake - Crosby - Hornqvist
Rust - Malkin - Kessel
Pearson - Brassard - Simon
ZAR - Sheahan - Sprong / Grant
Flip Rust and Horny from the first line up., that's what they were this morning.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Flip Rust and Horny from the first line up., that's what they were this morning.

Pearson-Malkin-Hornqvist was a train wreck line that insured Geno rarely touched the puck before, so I fully expect Sully to go with it again.

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What does Sully have against skill?

Honestly, it would be okay with Pearson-Geno-Horny IF they routinely had a defenseman behind them who could make a smart, reliable, quick decision with the puck.

They won't.

So, yes, Geno is ******.

This is the issue with keeping Kessel. He either has to be with Malkin or Brassard, and I don’t think he works with either. Especially with our LWs unless you put Jake on the opposite side of Geno.

We don't have a RW to play with Pearson-Geno.

We don't have an available LW to play with Geno-Horny.

We don't have an available reliable puck moving defenseman to play behind Geno semi-regularly.

It's kind of a problem.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pearson-Malkin-Hornqvist was a train wreck line that insured Geno rarely touched the puck before, so I fully expect Sully to go with it again.
That's what they had in the morning skate. I'd prefer they put Horny with Brassard but I do think we need to use our three best wings on three different lines. And the way Jake is playing with Sid that somewhat limits the options.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
That's what they had in the morning skate. I'd prefer they put Horny with Brassard but I do think we need to use our three best wings on three different lines. And the way Jake is playing with Sid that somewhat limits the options.

Ideally you structure the Malkin and Brassard lines as Jake - Malkin - Kessel and Simon - Brassard - Hornqvist, but then you have no one to play with Sid.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Looking at that lineup, I don't even know how you'd make a lineup with Hornqvist on RW and not with Malkin. Ugh, just have to hope that Pearson-Malkin-Hornqvist meshes well together.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
For me, this is a game Pens have to win. Anything other than that could be a very tough loss to get past.
Flyers are terrible, take advantage and pound them into the ice.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad