GDT: #25 DEVILS (9-11-4) at PENGUINS (16-5-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils now
Tootoo on Bortuzzo: "I'm not going to forget what number he is. It's a long season." http://nj.com/devils

guy, really?!!……dont talk a big thing about staying disciplined and not taking 2 minutes but playing hard……

just over 2 minutes in tonight….right in the box clown. and now this "long season" **** talk.

i say it every game and im not the only one. but personally, one of my most hated devils ever……and thats saying a lot.

WHY KEEP HIM? ENOUGH.

i hope bortuzzo busts his lips open next time to the tune of a few stitches.

Last edited:

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Tampa fan here.

Sorry about the Jagr incident. I just saw it on the main board. What a goof that guy was . Hit Jagr late and to the head .

Was Ryan Clowe playing in this game? Why didn't he beat the @#$@#$ out of that Bortusso clown???

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tampa fan here.

Sorry about the Jagr incident. I just saw it on the main board. What a goof that guy was . Hit Jagr late and to the head .

Was Ryan Clowe playing in this game? Why didn't he beat the @#$@#$ out of that Bortusso clown???

Clowe has been out for a while now with a concussion. My guess is his career is over. It was minor bumps that lead to this latest concussion.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
As a friendly Wings fan, I have to say that hits like these are the reason I miss true enforcers. If there is noone to deliver punishment, clowns like Bortuzzo have no reason to stop doing this to players they could never match in skill.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
As a friendly Wings fan, I have to say that hits like these are the reason I miss true enforcers. If there is noone to deliver punishment, clowns like Bortuzzo have no reason to stop doing this to players they could never match in skill.

I usually dont get that bent out of shape about hits like this but Jagr is an example of class in the league. We need MORE guys like Jagr.

Guys who have hall of fame careers and are loved on and off the ice by fans , teammates and opposing players alike.

What a jerk Bortuzzo is. :rant:

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Pete is whining about the Jagr hit? Whining? **** that ****! You send out Tootoo and Bernier the next shift and let them headhunt Crosby and Malkin or crash Bortuzzo in the boards. And this is exaclty what is wrong with the team. No heart, no balls, no ****ing emotion. Never let another team take a run at your top guy without retaliation. NEVER.

I can deal with a bad team, i can deal with a losing record, i can even deal with playing like **** in most games but not even sticking up for your teammates is ****ing unacceptable.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
our team has never retaliated like that, aside from the bench toss. how many times did we see marty get run over, or harassed by Avery, without a single modicum of retaliation? camjam barking at lundqvist was the closest we ever got.

not a pete problem IMO

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
our team has never retaliated like that, aside from the bench toss. how many times did we see marty get run over, or harassed by Avery, without a single modicum of retaliation? camjam barking at lundqvist was the closest we ever got.

not a pete problem IMO

I can also understand not wanting to risk putting the Pens on the PP on a retaliation penalty, especially given the score at the time. Although I would have liked to see somebody beat Bortuzzo's ass. That guy has always been a *********.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Bortuzzo was head hunting because of the earlier encounter with Jagr.

The guy is a goon who the Devils should have dealt with last night.

I was surprised to see he has 2 more goals than Andy Greene this season.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Pete is whining about the Jagr hit? Whining? **** that ****! You send out Tootoo and Bernier the next shift and let them headhunt Crosby and Malkin or crash Bortuzzo in the boards. And this is exaclty what is wrong with the team. No heart, no balls, no ****ing emotion. Never let another team take a run at your top guy without retaliation. NEVER.

I can deal with a bad team, i can deal with a losing record, i can even deal with playing like **** in most games but not even sticking up for your teammates is ****ing unacceptable.

Bernier might be the softest one on this team. I'd have more confidence in Gio going out there to start **** over Bernier

DevilSlovenia

Jul 1, 2014
It's a joke really but we're still only 4 points out of playoffs. But with all the injuries I think top 5 pick will be the end result.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Funny thing was 5'9" Tootoo supposedly challenged 6'4" Bortuzzo to fight numerous times and the guy wimped out, then goes and cheap shots Jagr. Really? What a puss! Hope he gets 5games and then we call up CamJam for the 29th. Cam won't "ask" if he'd do him the honor of fighting -he'd make him start throwing them.

'm not in favor of the eye for an eye and going out to deliberately target Malkin or Crosby but the offender should be forced to account for his dirty play.

NJRockinRoller

May 14, 2014
Best thing to do here is to tank. Sorry to say that because it goes against everything the organization stands for, but it is the reality of the situation. I know that NOT tanking for Mario worked out, with all the cups to follow, but it is a different team, era (cap) and GM (same guy, different age, temperament).

This ownership group's other North American sports property, the Philadelphia 76ers is in the midst of a multi-year "tank" that is so pronounced and, frankly, obnoxious, that it has drawn national debate and scorn. They are clearly not opposed to the idea of tanking for future growth. Now, they don't own the building in Philly and have a lot more riding on revenue from attendance, but if someone has gotten into their ear about McDavid/Eichel... who knows what they are thinking.

This team is bad and going nowhere fast. Staying mediocre helps no one. I love Jagr but if you can get a 2 for him, take it. That goes for just about any expiring vet. Get picks and/or whatever young players you can.

Lastly, re: the Bortuzzo hit. Makes me sick that Ryan Carter is not on this team. Not to toot my own horn - but I will anyway - I was most upset about two things this summer... not finishing Carter (became more upset this fall) and not getting a legitimate, reputable backup goaltender. Both of these things have turned out to be shameful deficiencies for this team.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It's a joke really but we're still only 4 points out of playoffs. But with all the injuries I think top 5 pick will be the end result.

In any other division we'd be no less then 7 points out. We'd be in 8th place in the Atlantic(only above Buffalo), last place in the central and 7th in the Pacific.

In Lou lets the potential for us making the playoffs cloud his judgement yet again, then this team will sink deeper and deeper into this stink hole.

Camille the Eel

If Tootoo did challenge him then that's good.

We did respond physically in the third and go after Malkin. But in another era one could have seen - and I am a neanderthal here I guess - the same hit to the head of one Sidney Crosby. Who has been susceptible to such shots. An eye for an eye.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Why does schneider start every game? Even if the backup sucks, isnt this getting a little weird? The guy needs to sit whether he understands that or not.

Camille the Eel

except Schneider was incredible last night - this was better than I have ever seen him because he was more mobile and responding more creatively to situations last night than I've ever seen him do (reading the play and getting places intuitively) -

so apparently the idea that, "Schneider has never been a No. 1 goal tender before and let's see what the experience will do," is in fact a good one. Because he's growing before our eyes these last half dozen games.

Maybe even the fact that we are otherwise weak is taking the pressure off of him. Because he is quietly putting together an amazing stretch of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad