GDT: #25 DEVILS (9-11-4) at PENGUINS (16-5-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This game was so much more tolerable because it was a seriously depleted group of guys going like hell and just coming up short as opposed to a bunch of listless old men who just don't seem to care one way or the other.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Tootoo stepped up today and at least showed some kind of reaction to the Jagr hit. Him, Gelinas, and maybe Zidlicky seemed like the only ones playing with a little emotion after the best forward on this team gets hit with a cheapshot.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
there are 10000 reasons to fire deboer but you can't use the " they dont play for him anymore " one. they're trying to save petes job, they're just not good enough.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Two old men in Gomez and Jagr didn't look listless at all.

I know and it was nice to see. The guys all played pretty hard for 60 minutes. They just aren't nearly as good as the Pens with a full lineup, let alone one THAT depleted. I can accept that kind of loss much more than one where the guys just didn't give a damn for 55 minutes.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I know and it was nice to see. The guys all played pretty hard for 60 minutes. They just aren't nearly as good as the Pens with a full lineup, let alone one THAT depleted. I can accept that kind of loss much more than one where the guys just didn't give a damn for 55 minutes.

Oh I agree. I wish they gave this kind of effort regularly with a full lineup. Make life a lot easier since it would be easy to pinpoint the problems going forward.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
This game was so much more tolerable because it was a seriously depleted group of guys going like hell and just coming up short as opposed to a bunch of listless old men who just don't seem to care one way or the other.

kind of like last year when all those guys got hurt in that game, and everyone thought that showed that team had a ton of heart?

Sorry for the vaguries but I think most know what I'm talking about.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
kind of like last year when all those guys got hurt in that game, and everyone thought that showed that team had a ton of heart?

Canes game where it seemed they might make a push for the playoffs, but they never put it together despite the very gutsy effort.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
there are 10000 reasons to fire deboer but you can't use the " they dont play for him anymore " one. they're trying to save petes job, they're just not good enough.

Because they show up once in a while(in a losing effort no less) is not really evidence of "trying to save Petes job"

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Canes game where it seemed they might make a push for the playoffs, but they never put it together despite the very gutsy effort.

Actually that was the Caps game at home in late Marchish where we were down to like eight healthy forwards by the end of the game, similar to tonight only we actually WON that game :laugh:

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
RIP Jagr

SelfassuredGiftedIsabellineshrike.gif

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
NHL Player Safety @NHLPlayerSafety
Pittsburgh defenseman Robert Bortuzzo will have a hearing for a late hit on New Jersey forward Jaromir Jagr. Day & time TBD.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I'd really like to see some muscle added to this team. If we're going to lose, May as well get the youngsters some experience and add some size and grit to the lineup as well. I can deal with them losing just as long as they are a real pain in the ass to play against. Would have been nice to see them really punish the penguins in a game like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad