Post-Game Talk: #25- 03/11/21 | RANGERS @ boston | 7:00 - ESPN+ MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Trouba’s comments tonight is exactly why nobody and I mean nobody should wear a letter on this team let alone the C. It didn’t fall of a cliff? That’s what it has come down to, Jacob? All losers. They really need to bring in a legitimate leader of MEN this off-season.

I hate that gee aww shucks we’ll get em next time attitude throughout the whole locker room. Great teams hate to lose, it ruins the rest of the night and more. I really don’t like the culture that’s spreading like a cancer right now. The fish rots from the head

Last edited:

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
The comments after the game reveal all we need. Anyone saying words to the effect of we did not let it get ugly and we hung in there are honestly lost. What an awful culture to develop talent in.

The effort on the ice says everything. It’s was terrible last night. Moral victories are the only victories this team will experience if that’s what they are content with.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
i have a feeling if we deliver a similar performance on Saturday that Quinn is done. But who knows with management. I do know that things are starting to get really ugly, both on and off the ice. These postgame comments are a huge concern. This team has zero backbone and it’s frustrating to watch.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Yawn....it's a nice sunny day here and I really don't want to spend three hours sifting through 56 pages .....I have one question though....is Quinn still here ? This has become a real downer . Beauty of it is though is sooner or later some changes get made and Davidson fires both Quinn and Gorton and hires his people . Maybe we get some sort of identity then ? We look like a club in complete chaos .

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The coach is a problem, but the real problem is the lack of real talent. Besides Fox and maybe Trouba, the defensive talent is horrendous and besides Panarin, there is no real threat in this forward crew. Talent is just not there!

you have like 10 first round talents in your top 12 forwards. Oh and 1 of the 2 or 3 that isn’t is Panarin the other is Buchnevich.

talent is the least of our problems. That’s literally on the coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: FireGerardGallant

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
i have a feeling if we deliver a similar performance on Saturday that Quinn is done. But who knows with management. I do know that things are starting to get really ugly, both on and off the ice. These postgame comments are a huge concern. This team has zero backbone and it’s frustrating to watch.
I am so upset and disappointed right now, dont even know what to say. I mean, what in good God's name was that?

Okay, I know what to say. THAT was the most pathetic performance I think I have ever seen and I will add .......that they kicked the wrong guy off the team.

Cant blame everything on the goaltender, but he hasnt even resembled a goalie that gives his team a chance to win.
Early goal, early deficits mean chasing the game. Bombs from the blue line and growing tired of Micheletti's lame excuses of ........"maybe he was screened"? Make a damn save!

Pathetic PP, disjointed rushes, next to no hitting, little successful forechecking, no 1 on 1 battles won, no emotion, no feistiness,
No goals, Nothing.

Never want my team to lose, but if they get crushed next game..............it's time. Quinn buh bye. Too much wasted time already.

Last edited:
Reactions: JHS

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
the implication that Montreal has more "talent" at F than we do is honestly one of your worst takes ever
90% of our roster’s talent is Panarin and Fox.

The Habs don’t have an elite player like Panarin, but compare their 4 F lines and 3 D pairs to ours. The Rangers have a good top-six, an awful bottom-6, one good pairing and two awful pairings.

Half our roster is bad. I don’t understand how people can think it’s talented, (aside from it being harder to swallow than everything being Quinn’s fault.)

Do you honestly not remember what our 2013-15 rosters looked like? Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello; Hagelin-Hayes-Miller; those used to be our 3rd lines FFS.

Last edited:
Reactions: CasusBelli

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

The Habs don’t have an elite player like Panarin, but compare their 4 F lines and 3 D pairs to ours.

The Rangers have a good top-six, an awful bottom-6, one good pairing and two awful pairings.

Half our roster is bad. I don’t understand how people can think it’s talented, (aside from it being harder to swallow than everything being Quinn’s fault.)

Like do you honestly not remember what our 2013-14 roster looked like?
I beg to differ. We have more talent than ever before. What we dont have is direction, and the WILL to win. Oh yeah, and a Captain that represents the entire team, and pushes his team.

We knew this was going to take time, but this isnt looking like its headed in the right direction. #nothappy

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It seriously blows my mind that people think this roster is good. I don’t even know what to say.

Jesus, we have, what, 7 forwards who have less than 15 career goals? :laugh:

It’s just offense either. What two-way forwards do we have? What defensive forwards do we have? What defensive SKATERS do we have?

Last edited:

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

The Habs don’t have an elite player like Panarin, but compare their 4 F lines and 3 D pairs to ours. The Rangers have a good top-six, an awful bottom-6, one good pairing and two awful pairings.

Do you honestly not remember what our 2013-15 rosters looked like? Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello; Hagelin-Hayes-Miller; those used to be our 3rd lines FFS.
So consensus top 2 picks magically suck now. Ok. This team has the makings of a good top 9, not cup contending but good. All but Strome and Buch are failing to meet expectations this season. Do they all magically suck?

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
It seriously blows my mind that people think this roster is good. I don’t even know what to say.

So consensus top 2 picks magically suck now. Ok

Players suck until they stop sucking. Team hasn't stopped sucking in over a year. And, unfortunately, yeah like magic those top two picks trajectory since going into the NHL has been a trajectory in the wrong direction. Can that be turned around? Stay tuned for next time on FIRE THE HELL OUT OF QUINN NOW PLEASE, THX

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. There’s a whole lotta quit in this team.

This is reminding me of the end of Tom Renneys tenure.

difference is Renney got this team to the playoffs consistently and Jagr helped. Rangers don't have that depth and talent outside of Panarin.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg

Seems like this

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’m losing patience with the coach but I still give him the year. And I’d bet the Rangers are giving him next year too.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
So a player like Alexis Lafreniere, considered prob the best prospect in about 3 years , isn't talented enough.
A player like Kaapo Kakko, who like 20 months ago was considered just a step below a guy who has 3 times the points as him isn't talented enough.
A player like Mika Zibanejad, who scored 41 f***ing goals last year isnt talented enough

All these guys for basically the past few weeks outside of like 3 games have struggled in scoring and look completely checked out. How braindead do you have to be to believe that talent is the issue and not the usage of that talent. This is coming from someone Im pretty sure owns a David Quinn body pillow so its not surprising

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
So a player like Alexis Lafreniere, considered prob the best prospect in about 3 years , isn't talented enough.
I think the coach has got to go; we won't know how the K'Lafrenko's can truly do until he's gone. But if he continues to play like a 3rd line floating bath plug even post that, then yeah maybe he wasn't actually talented enough. I hope this isn't the case. He has flashes of good vision, and the rest of the time his stick is off the ice.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Talent and results are two entirely different things. Talent is being naturally gifted. We have lots of talent on thus team. They aren’t producing, but that doesn’t mean they’re not talented. We have a coach, system, and culture that does the exact opposite of turning talent into results. Some teams squeeze the absolute most ability out of their players. We are not at all one of those teams. That doesn’t mean we aren’t extraordinarily talented.

tl;dr Mika is playing like dogshit. He’s still one of the most talented players on our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad