TV: 24 (TV series): Your rankings

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
One of the McPoyles is in season 2. One of the guys that bomb CTU

LnwvYqw.png

Oh man, I had no idea. Does he try to fork stab Jack?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Just finished season 1. Holy f*** was that whole amnesia part stupid. How did that car magically slide down the hill, how did it blow up and how does seeing that give you amnesia? Also the whole underground prison thing was lazy as f***. There is only one way in the prison so Bauer and all the guards all split up and go to random spots of the prison to defend it? I was expecting to see some cool hallway shootout, but nope all the lights go out and the bad guys magically get to Bauer. Reminded me of that game of thrones battle between the white walkers and the Dothraki where they just make it pitch black and don’t actually show anything because its easier than showing a battle.

Other than that it was alright I guess. Will probably start season 2 later.

I've re-watched 24 ridiculous amounts of time overall (I love the show :) ) but season 1 is the one season I almost never re-watch. It's pretty good, just not quite the same as the rest I find.

Season 2 is absolutely fantastic in comparison - the stakes are a whole lot bigger, and Jack Bauer is a whole lot more badass. Sounds like you're so-so after season 1, but since you got that far I strongly urge you to watch season 2, much much better.

If you somehow don't like season 2 either - you can probably stop watching after (you should probably also quit TV & the internet at that point because you're weird - but that's a different story)

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
I've re-watched 24 ridiculous amounts of time overall (I love the show :) ) but season 1 is the one season I almost never re-watch. It's pretty good, just not quite the same as the rest I find.

Season 2 is absolutely fantastic in comparison - the stakes are a whole lot bigger, and Jack Bauer is a whole lot more badass. Sounds like you're so-so after season 1, but since you got that far I strongly urge you to watch season 2, much much better.

If you somehow don't like season 2 either - you can probably stop watching after (you should probably also quit TV & the internet at that point because you're weird - but that's a different story)
Meh its not that great. Its watchable but way too predictable. You can already tell who the bad guy is and who is gonna die the first time you see them. Any scene with the daughter is so frustrating to watch and there are so many plot holes. When it came out like 20 years ago it was probably a pretty big deal but there are so many better shows these days. I will probably finish season 2 then stop.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Meh its not that great. Its watchable but way too predictable. You can already tell who the bad guy is and who is gonna die the first time you see them. Any scene with the daughter is so frustrating to watch and there are so many plot holes. When it came out like 20 years ago it was probably a pretty big deal but there are so many better shows these days. I will probably finish season 2 then stop.

Some of it may be predictable - but some of it is also not. I guess it depends what you're referring to specifically. And predictable isn't always bad is there's a good suspense/story/action.

Yes - his daughter - this got complained about ad-nauseum it became a meme. I don't dislike her as much as others - but there's no doubt a lot of her story and scenes are 'fluff' that probably weren't needed, and sometimes outright stupid.

I know there are plot holes - one thing I appreciated is that from Jack Bauer's perspective - I feel a lot of what he does and how he react is spot-on and realistic. A lot of the things happening around him may seem like plot holes or unrealistic to be happening, but I always appreciated how he himself reacted to situations.

But like I said - to each its own. Season 2 is quite good - if you end up really not liking it, you can probably give up on the show. There are better seasons - but season 2 is one of the good ones, and if you dislike it, maybe the show isn't for you

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Who was the guys working with President Logan in season 5?

The ones who was really behind all of it in season 5. They only had cellphone contact with Logan. One of the guys was bald with glasses (Not Mike Nowick). Was it CIA?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Annie Wersching died at the young age of 45 from cancer. Known as FBI agent Renee Walker in a couple seasons :( RIP way too young.

24_7AM8AM-Sc1631_0051.jpg

Reactions: shadow1

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
It's been a long time since I've watched 24, but I'll rank it based on memory:

Great:
  • Day 5
  • Day 1
  • Live Another Day
Good:
  • Day 3
  • Day 7
  • Day 4
  • Day 2
Bad:
  • Day 8
  • Day 6
Haven't Watched:
  • Legacy

I really love Day 1, but it does have a some weak episodes in the middle (amnesia subplot). Live Another Day is also great, I used to have a t-shirt from that season.

All of the seasons are pretty decent in general except 6 & 8, which are both pretty rough. Day 8 in general is low quality, but it somewhat redeemed itself with a strong finish. Day 6 was such a let down after Day 5, what a debacle (the infamous scene with Curtis.... yikes).

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Some of the best TV ever done, some not so much, but that is expected from a serie that lasted 10 seasons.

I don't know who was worse, Kim Bauer or Sherry Palmer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad