TV: 24 (TV series): Your rankings

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Because of this thread it got me craving Jack and 24 again and i got my gf to watch the first season with me.

I didn’t remember much going in aside from the big twist at the end but man what a ride again!

We start season 2 tonight!
Enjoy! I was hooked from the first episode almost 20 years ago, and the show remains one of my all-time favourites.

Personal anecdote: our twin boys were one-year old when the show first started. I'll always remember 24 as our weekly sanctuary from the bedlam. We got the kids to bed, prepared dinner and shut off the world for an hour every week watching Jack Bauer.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Enjoy! I was hooked from the first episode almost 20 years ago, and the show remains one of my all-time favourites.

Personal anecdote: our twin boys were one-year old when the show first started. I'll always remember 24 as our weekly sanctuary from the bedlam. We got the kids to bed, prepared dinner and shut off the world for an hour every week watching Jack Bauer.

You probably don’t think I could force this towel down your throat, but trust me I can. All the way. Except that I’d hold onto this little bit at the end. When your stomach starts to digest the towel, I pull it out. Taking your stomach lining with it. Most people probably take about a week to die. It’s very painful.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Ah, I was all excited they were bringing this back when I saw the thread back.

One of the best series of all time.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Best tv series of all-time. Jack Bauer is the greatest fictional character of all-time.

Best seasons were 2, 4 and 5 - and first half of season 7 is also fantastic. Other seasons had great moments too, just depends. 6 is probably the only one I found disappointing, but it's still a fun watch, just not as good when re-watching it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Great series, always thought my kids would like it but could never find it.
Does anyone stream it in Canada?

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I've never understood the love for Season 5 that so many have. As far as villains go, the main one that season was such a spineless cowardly weasel that it was hard to take it seriously.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
You probably don’t think I could force this towel down your throat, but trust me I can. All the way. Except that I’d hold onto this little bit at the end. When your stomach starts to digest the towel, I pull it out. Taking your stomach lining with it. Most people probably take about a week to die. It’s very painful.

This is actually the line and scene that hooked me.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
24 was my favorite show. I was immediately hooked from the very first episode.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Started binging this the last couple days. It is alright but super predictable and has not aged that well. It does provide action in every episode with not a whole lot of boring filler. I get that she is a teenager but god damn is the daughter severely stupid. I think I am 13 episodes in and will continue to watch.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Just finished season 1. Holy f*** was that whole amnesia part stupid. How did that car magically slide down the hill, how did it blow up and how does seeing that give you amnesia? Also the whole underground prison thing was lazy as f***. There is only one way in the prison so Bauer and all the guards all split up and go to random spots of the prison to defend it? I was expecting to see some cool hallway shootout, but nope all the lights go out and the bad guys magically get to Bauer. Reminded me of that game of thrones battle between the white walkers and the Dothraki where they just make it pitch black and don’t actually show anything because its easier than showing a battle.

Other than that it was alright I guess. Will probably start season 2 later.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Started binging this the last couple days. It is alright but super predictable and has not aged that well. It does provide action in every episode with not a whole lot of boring filler. I get that she is a teenager but god damn is the daughter severely stupid. I think I am 13 episodes in and will continue to watch.

Kim has the absolute stupidest sideplot in season 2. It is hilariously bad.

Season 2 is the best season though.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Unrelated, but I'm glad I finished 24 before I ever started watching Always Sunny. Don't think I could look at Chloe the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad