GDT: #24 // Stars VS Oilers // Nov 27 @ 7:00 PM MST // TV: SN-W

When will Chia be fired?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilfan2

13.5%
Aug 12, 2005
Talbot isn't a massive upgrade over their current goalies. Philly would be dumb to make such a trade imo.

Perhaps but mostly because their defence isn't that great either.

Sometimes a change for the sake of change works.

No need to do it from the Oil perspective.

Any small return we get for Talbot would be negligible is helping the team at the moment.

Reactions: HandsUpForBelchior

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
One thing is not like the other. Where do these rumors even come from?
I have no idea, never heard it. But I can see it. They have used 5 goalies already this year and if they are targeting Talbot it's because they think they can get him for free or maybe even rid themselves of a bad contract.

Be something like Lehtera for Talbot or maybe Weise for Talbot.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
I have no idea, never heard it. But I can see it. They have used 5 goalies already this year and if they are targeting Talbot it's because they think they can get him for free or maybe even rid themselves of a bad contract.

We would have to take a goalie back from them I think.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
6-3 Dallas is my prediction. Both teams are shitty defensively but Dallas destroys us offensively.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
there are records in the oilers history book that will never be touched by another player ie most of gretzkys but there is one that is going to change and tonights a great night for it

Mcdavid 9 pts

RIP Sam Gagner

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
there are records in the oilers history book that will never be touched by another player ie most of gretzkys but there is one that is going to change and tonights a great night for it

Mcdavid 9 pts

RIP Sam Gagner
Oilers lose 12-10, McD 9 pts, Drai 6 pts, Benning -8, Talbot lets in first 3 shots of each period.

Reactions: Mez and McBeastMode

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
if mcdavid gets 9pts and we lose then chia should be shot to the moon

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It's amazing (sad) how disinterested I am in these games already. At least my interest made it past American Thanksgiving this year so baby steps I guess.

McDavid's 4th season and most of the fanbase is losing interest before December. I never EVER imagined it would be this bad 4 seasons into the McDavid era when they won The Golden Ticket. I believe the common quote was "Not even the Oilers could screw up McDavid" Well, here we are and screwing up has commenced.

Reactions: RegDunlop

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Lehtera is one of the worst players in the league so I fully expect Chia to make this dumb trade because Hithcock connection etc. to complete the Spooner, Wideman, Lehtera trifecta of uselessness.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's amazing (sad) how disinterested I am in these games already. At least my interest made it past American Thanksgiving this year so baby steps I guess.

McDavid's 4th season and most of the fanbase is losing interest before December. I never EVER imagined it would be this bad 4 seasons into the McDavid era when they won The Golden Ticket. I believe the common quote was "Not even the Oilers could screw up McDavid" Well, here we are and screwing up has commenced.
When the Kings scored the GWG on Sunday my reaction was about the same as if I discovered my cat was eating bugs. Like it was something natural and expected.

On the plus side that Anaheim game gave me the opportunity to do some cleanup around the house.

This is such a bad team and nobody in the Oilers organization should ever work in hockey ever again.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Lehtera is one of the worst players in the league so I fully expect Chia to make this dumb trade because Hithcock connection etc. to complete the Spooner, Wideman, Lehtera trifecta of uselessness.
What do you actually think a 4.1mil .889 spct goalie is worth?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
What do you actually think a 4.1mil .889 spct goalie is worth?

A 7th rounder would be a better return than Lehtera. He's really really awful.
It doesn't matter anyway, it's just more shuffling of broken deck chairs.

Also, I bet that Talbot will thrive elsewhere once he rids of the Oileritis. I still believe he's a capable goalie in the right environment.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
A 7th rounder would be a better return than Lehtera. He's really really awful.
It doesn't matter anyway, it's just more shuffling of broken deck chairs.

Also, I bet that Talbot will thrive elsewhere once he rids of the Oileritis. I still believe he's a capable goalie in the right environment.
Sure it would be, but I highly doubt someone is taking on that much salary at this time of year and giving up a pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad