Post-Game Talk: #24: Senators 4 at FLYERS 3, Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
"They cannot remove me from my job if I become too heavy to move," thought Dave Hakstol, as he turned himself into a human Katamari ball.

mGNwGo.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Next game isn't until Saturday and you're examining Wednesday's practice lineup for clues.
Maybe Hakstol is just f---n with y'all 'cause he's out the door with a year and a half of salary due him in a month.
So why not mess with the fans and media. :naughty:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Next game isn't until Saturday and you're examining Wednesday's practice lineup for clues.
Maybe Hakstol is just f---n with y'all 'cause he's out the door with a year and a half of salary due him in a month.
So why not mess with the fans and media. :naughty:

I'm sure if he was using the team to troll fans and media rather than seriously attempting to win, you'd support it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Anything to piss your off Beef, you're so obsessed with Hakstol it's become entertaining.

But I notice you won't guarantee the team will improve if Hakstol is replaced.
If he's so terrible, that should be a slam dunk.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Anything to piss your off Beef, you're so obsessed with Hakstol it's become entertaining.

But I notice you won't guarantee the team will improve if Hakstol is replaced.
If he's so terrible, that should be a slam dunk.

It depends on who they replace him with. If they hire another awful coach, then no, no improvement. If they get a good coach, they will improve.

You're hilariously bitter.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It depends on who they replace him with. If they hire another awful coach, then no, no improvement. If they get a good coach, they will improve.

Can you imagine anything more hypocritical than him accusing someone else with being obsessed with Hakstol?

I literally can’t think of an example.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

But I thought you couldn't find a worse coach?
Are they going to hire a GM so dense he'd find a coach as bad as Hakstol?

Suddenly, I see backtracking all around me, as reality sets in.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No, you just gave a mealy mouth answer:

"If they hire another awful coach, then no, no improvement. If they get a good coach, they will improve."

All I've heard for two years is how terrible Hakstol is and how I must be in love with him if I merely consider him "run of the mill." Now you're trying to CYA by pretending it's an actual possibility that they could hire another coach as bad, as if there are so many terrible coaches out there. By definition, if he's a terrible coach, randomly picking a new HC should result in a substantial improvement - because the number of terrible (as opposed to mediocre) coaches is limited.

At least have the guts to take a stand and take the chance you might be proven wrong.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

"If they hire another awful coach, then no, no improvement. If they get a good coach, they will improve."

All I've heard for two years is how terrible Hakstol is and how I must be in love with him if I merely consider him "run of the mill." Now you're trying to CYA by pretending it's an actual possibility that they could hire another coach as bad, as if there are so many terrible coaches out there. By definition, if he's a terrible coach, randomly picking a new HC should result in a substantial improvement - because the number of terrible (as opposed to mediocre) coaches is limited.

At least have the guts to take a stand and take the chance you might be proven wrong.

We all thought Berube was really bad. Then we got Hakstol. This organization has a very real recent history of picking an equally bad or worse coach, so its entirely feasible.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Wow, you're really going off the deep end here. You really are feeling desperate since Hextall and his pet have failed you.

First of all, you rate Hakstol as well above run of the mill. You struggle to think of even a single flaw for him. You act as if he is equivalent to SC winners. You defend every single thing he does as if he is coaching perfection. I've made it clear, repeatedly, that I believe coaches like Berube and Stevens are worse; that guys like Bylsma or Yeo are horizontal steps; that guys like Trotz or Q are improvements.

I've been consistent on this the entire time, and if you can't understand that then the issue is on your end, not mine. Read better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad