GDT: #23: Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh Penguins March 4th 7:30 ET | Geno returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Nels Cline with the Nels Cline Singers > Nels Cline with Wilco ;)

tumblr_lmwftmEWPQ1ql0ubto1_500.jpg

edit: Hockey is fun.

Fire Shero*

The one good thing about Vokoun playing so pathetic makes me appreciate Fleury

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I fear for Ogrezilla. I really do.

... anyway, I have listened to nothing but Cohen, Bowie and Dylan for the past two weeks. That must be the definite sign that my hipster days are over, and I am now just old... albeit aging with graze.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco

... anyway, I have listened to nothing but Cohen, Bowie and Dylan for the past two weeks. That must be the definite sign that my hipster days are over, and I am now just old... albeit aging with graze.

all three have relatively recent albums out. i like the new Cohen one the best, far more self-reflective than the other two. but then again he always was.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
8-1 Pens.

Crosby first 6 point night (2G+4A)
Kunitz 4 points (3G+1A)
Neal 2 points (2 powerplay goals)
Sutter 2 points (1G+1A)

Stamkos 0 points

Crosby then leads Stamkos by 8 points, Kunitz is 1 point away from Stamkos for 2nd in points.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

those are artists that could fall into my "normal" classification. its a very wide range of music. a lot of it is even good enough that it became - god forbid - quite popular. Sure, you have your Gaga's and your Ke$ha's who can get popular for no good reason. But I think for the most part, popular things get popular because they are actually pretty good.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
It's definitely an acquired taste. Even many people who like classical jazz don't like that type of unstructured, free-for-all format. It's the proverbial music hipster's favorite, and for that reason you wouldn't understand. For that matter, I don't understand.

I like a lot of Miles Davis' stuff for example, but I couldn't listen to "spaz jazz" like the jam session in that clip for more than about 5 minutes without my head exploding. :laugh:

I am convinced it sounds much better to people who are high but I have no empirical data to back that up. :D

I like a good mix of both. Like John Zorn's Naked City. Some of Zorn's other stuff is just so abstract it's tough to listen to, but Naked City has just the right mix of classical jazz, free-form jazz, ear-shatteringly high octave saxophone, and Asian death metal. :yo:

Glamor Toad

Jun 30, 2009
Poitiers
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

Summerteeth.

Bruce Wayne Campbell Interviewed on the Roof of the Chelsea Hotel, 1979.

Kansas City.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
orpik/niskanen/letang/fleury better not pull some BS and let stamkos get a billion points.

dont really care if the pens win/lose, just want to see sid put up some numbers and the penguins shut down the greek.

i fear the worst though, with this pathetic defense.

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
those are artists that could fall into my "normal" classification. its a very wide range of music. a lot of it is even good enough that it became - god forbid - quite popular. Sure, you have your Gaga's and your Ke$ha's who can get popular for no good reason. But I think for the most part, popular things get popular because they are actually pretty good.

Popular things get popular because they are considered pretty good by the vast majority.

Is it wrong to like some popular music like Bob Dylan, Aerosmith (early stuff), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ellie Goulding, etc. and some less popular stuff like The Faint, UFO, The Mars Volta? Cause I like all those.

I just like music I personally draw inspiration from, whether it is popular or not.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Boucher had his team skate big time late last week after disappointments in NY and they battled pretty hard against the Bruins on Saturday afternoon, watched some of it. Now I have a feeling they're going to come out on us with a bang. Don't like our chances here tonight

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I'm going to miss the first two periods due to duty. Hope we can take the positives from the last game and work on removing some of the errors and bring home another win. Hope to see the pens up in the 3rd when I finally get to watch the game, may get to listen to the radio of it on my phone through the first two periods...

Let's go pens!

AltDess

Jun 19, 2009
What time is face-off for the Pens game tonight?
Because in every sports update for the past four hours the 93.7 The Fan Morning Show is saying
"...seven pm puck drop..."

They just did it again in the 10am update!
"...that game is a seven o'clock face-off..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad