GDT: #23 // "Hollywood X EDM" // Oilers @ Kings // Nov 25 @ 8:30 PM MST // TV: SN-W

Who has been the Oilers best defenseman so far this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
GDT TUNES

-

Game #23
Oilers @ Kings
Nov 25 @ 8:30 PM MST
TV: SNET-W

Oilers Lines:

Spooner - McDavid - Draisaitl
Caggiula - RNH - Chiasson
Lucic - Brodziak - Kassian
Rattie/P.Russell - Khaira - Puljujarvi

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Gravel - Wideman

Talbot

Kings Lines:

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Wagner - Carter - Toffoli
Kovalchuk - Kempe - Hagelin
Clifford - Thompson - Luff

Forbort - Doughty
Muzzin - Martinez
Phaneuf - Fantenberg

-

Please vote in the poll!

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm not sure who's going to be in net for the Kings - depends on who's starting for them tonight against Vancouver probably.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
btw the music in the video is the best thing to listen to while doing a heavy cardio workout. Makes you want to keep on going, and going, and going, and going.

Just make sure you turn it up in the bedroom. ;)

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Who is the dark soul that voted Benning.

Oh, it let's you see. Very dark soul indeed.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
The defender with the best goal differential on the team who has been carrying Nurse who has played almost as bad as Benning this season? Yeah that guy.
Nurse has had a rough beginning to the season but he's not anywhere close to Benning bad. Nobody on the roster has come close to Benning's disastrous play this season.

Oh, Talbot.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nurse has had a rough beginning to the season but he's not anywhere close to Benning bad. Nobody on the roster has come close to Benning's disastrous play this season.

Oh, Talbot.
Nurse has been on for the most goals against 5v5 and has the highest GA/60 rates or any defender still with the team. He is also our worst defender in goals for % by a decent margin.

Benning has been visually our worst, Nurse has been statistically our worst.

Hell Nurse has been on the ice for more 5v5 goals against than Koskinen has

Reactions: North

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Russell? the guys a ticking time bomb with the puck and sucks at suppressing shots.

I think his body being in the way of the shot counts as suppressing it...

I don't understand why people think the guy sucks? Sure he's overpaid, but it's not like it's some sort of Lucic overpay. He's making like 500k more than he should. Guy probably has more rubber hit him every season than some backup goalies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I think his body being in the way of the shot counts as suppressing it...

I don't understand why people think the guy sucks? Sure he's overpaid, but it's not like it's some sort of Lucic overpay. He's making like 500k more than he should. Guy probably has more rubber hit him every season than some backup goalies.

He's better at making saves than Talbot is right now.

Reactions: Missing smitty

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
In terms of our defense I’d say Klefbom has been the best absolute value wise. Russell is still on the second pairing and if you compare them head to head (especially in terms of skating) then it’s clear that Klefbom has been playing a better defensive game. Him and Larsson face the other teams best lines as well (I’d say Larsson has been slightly worse than Klef but it’s close).

Not taking anything away from Russell who has outperformed expectations and helped the second pairing stay afloat.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I know Hitch asked for Puljujarvi but I just do not understand why you're going to bring him up already and throw him out there with two players who wouldn't crack half of the lineups in the league in Rattie/Russell and Khaira.

Reactions: HuMz

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I’m cautiously optimistic for this one.

A late game, but it’s not on Saturday and not on HNIC? Check.

No Benning in the lineup? Check.

Minus points for Talbot, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad