GDT: #23 - Blue Jackets @ Fat, Flightless, Waddling Birds 11-24-18

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Ok. Excuses for Korpi like Little Johnny not doing homework
1. Dog at my homework
2. The bully stole my homework
3. My dad inadvertently took it to work with him.

Truth : "Oh hell....just incapable of doing it."

Reactions: Maylo

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Good times!

I guess you could say he likes his Crowe broiled.

giphy.gif

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Ok. Excuses for Korpi like Little Johnny not doing homework
1. Dog at my homework
2. The bully stole my homework
3. My dad inadvertently took it to work with him.

Truth : "Oh hell....just incapable of doing it."

Think this tells the story pretty well

All 4 goals below the dots is pretty bad defense

Anyone want to guess which shot chart is Pittsburgh’s

major major

Feb 18, 2013
All 4 goals below the dots is pretty bad defense

I don't think anyone is / can argue that it's all on Korpi. In the first it was mostly Nuti and the forwards, imo, that were out of position.

I personally don't look at the score to see how the goalie is playing, I look at the goalie. And I'm seeing that Korpi was sloppy in that second period. His push on the 4th goal was oddly slow, and on the 5th he left a giant 5-hole opening you could have slid a bucket through.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I don't think anyone is / can argue that it's all on Korpi. In the first it was mostly Nuti and the forwards, imo, that were out of position.

I personally don't look at the score to see how the goalie is playing, I look at the goalie. And I'm seeing that Korpi was sloppy in that second period. His push on the 4th goal was oddly slow, and on the 5th he left a giant 5-hole opening you could have slid a bucket through.
Poor play will expose a poor goalie. Too much floating in our end by the skaters

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I rarely call for the line-o-matic, but with Artemi seemingly sulking and guys pulling each other out of position, now would be a good time to shake it up.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Well, that should do it: sometimes you just can’t beat certain teams and we just can’t beat Pittsburgh. On to detroit

Reactions: The Bread Man

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
So we’ve lost 2 of 3 . When does Torts get his head out of his ass , and start icing a 4th lines that can score
Bjork would benefit from a Wennberg resurgence. We’d only have 1 player that doesn’t move with the puck on that line then. Bjork would cement a spot if he could do that, I feel. Could create ice for shots or passes instead of having to try to force passes or shots from side of net.

Reactions: The Bread Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad