GDT: #23 - Blue Jackets @ Fat, Flightless, Waddling Birds 11-24-18

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What did u expect him to do there ? Murray wiffs on the clear ? Been a very sloppy night in our zone
Recognize that he whiffed and get in front of the net. Sure, it was a good scoring chance, but Korpi turned it from "good" into "inevitable barring a broken stick and maybe even then" by just sitting there.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
The Jackets Defense tonight has been atrocious which sucks because they’ve been playing so well as of late.

I can’t think of a single d-man who has looked even somewhat decent. Not a single one. Nuti in particular has looked like traaaaash.

Reactions: The Bread Man

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Recognize that he whiffed and get in front of the net. Sure, it was a good scoring chance, but Korpi turned it from "good" into "inevitable barring a broken stick and maybe even then" by just sitting there.
Lol, by the time he realized that he wiffed on what should have been an easy clear , it was lasered by him .

Murray even has him boxed out, until he wiffs on the clear

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Lol, by the time he realized that he wiffed on what should have been an easy clear , it was lasered by him .
Precisely. He had plenty of time to notice earlier. He was already out of position and thus not able to do much beyond a desperation lunge - and he didn't even manage that because he was slow on the uptake.

Reactions: major major

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Dude. This kid gives up more rebounds than any goalie in the league, I swear.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
That’s inexcusable by korpisalo. If the game wasn’t out of reach I’d say pull him but there’s no point.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm sorry. This is ****ing indefensible. I haven't seen his entire night so far but what portion I've seen has been completely indefensible. The defense isn't making the job any easier (Kessel should have been covered on the not-a-goal) but for G-d's sake, Korpi has to play too.

It's like the bad old days of when Mason was the starter and the wheels were coming off on his career. Awesome occasional saves followed by soul drain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad