• C Ryan Suzuki - 2019 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Reminds me of the old Jerome Samson vs. Gregory Hofmann debate that @tarheelhockey had with someone.

In the end, Samson played one 46 NHL games, mainly because Carolina had a dearth of talent, and Hofmann played 24 game with CLB, so neither amounted to anything.

Hopefully these guys have better results
This is how I feel when we currently get excited about having 47 prospects all developing at the same time and people are getting pumped about them. All our talented guys are smurfs, and they can all dominate the lower levels of the game but most of them will be lucky to make it as far as Samson or Hofmann. Probably all of them. I watched Nadeau last night and he’s a great shooter but I barely noticed him otherwise and he’s at his best by a mile when his brother is feeding him. He was being defended by Morrow he’s got the size and skating but is at his best when he’s playing defense like Necas takes a skate. Holding onto the puck for forever slowly skating around and through traffic in a way that may work once in the NHL. I’ve noticed consistent intensity issues when he doesn’t have the puck. He showed way more flashes than Nadeau but left me wanting more in the decision making process all night long. Left watching the game less knowledgeable about either of their chances than when I entered it….more questions than answers.

It’s a useless debate that I still going to partake in because I can’t help myself. It’s nice to have this depth and it’s going to be fun to see who can actually make an impact, but experience has taught me not to actually get too caught up in it.

Morrow will play. He looks more and more like Dougie with quicker feet. Offensively people will like him a lot or at least see a lot of flashes that give them hope. The rest of his game is a magic 8 ball wish….we will see.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm a little surprised that FUS is getting this much love this early. I think when trying to find some kind of balance between how close a prospect is, what their ceiling is, and the likelihood of them reaching their ceiling, I'd currently have him about #5. But the kid has had a very interesting year.

I think Nadeau has the best combo of ceiling and chance to hit it at #2. Morrow has a high ceiling but probably less likely to hit it. Pono has a lower ceiling than those two perhaps, but is close and likely to make it at least as a skilled role player. And FUS has a pretty good ceiling, but I think he's less likely to max out at that, pretty likely to be at least a role player, but probably not quite as ready to make that mark as Pono.

And beyond them, or possibly even right on their tails, there are some really interesting guys like Blake, Koivunen, etc. that are producing very well at their current levels.

I really do like the depth we have even though most won't work out here at least.

Last edited:

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I'm a little surprised that FUS is getting this much love this early. I think when trying to find some kind of balance between how close a prospect is, what their ceiling is, and the likelihood of them reaching their ceiling, I'd currently have him about #5. But the kid has had a very interesting year.

I think Nadeau has the best combo of ceiling and chance to hit it at #2. Morrow has a high ceiling but probably less likely to hit it. Pono has a lower ceiling than those two perhaps, but is close and likely to make it at least as a skilled role player. And FUS has a pretty good ceiling, but I think he's less likely to max out at that, pretty likely to be at least a role player, but probably not quite as ready to make that mark as Pono.

And beyond them, or possibly even right on their tails, there are some really interesting guys like Blake, Koivunen, etc. that are producing very well at their current levels.

I really do like the depth we have even though most won't work out here at least.

Part of this is due to positional exclusivity (RHD are worth their weight in gold if they pan out), but IMO Morrow has the higher ceiling than Nadeau or FUS. This is personal opinion, of course, but this is why I have Morrow at #2 over both of them, even though I think he's less likely to hit that ceiling than Nadeau.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
The poll should be what prospect are we willing to trade at the trade deadline to give us a better shot at the cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad