GDT: #23 | 11/23/13 | Washington Capitals vs. Toronto Maple Leafs | 7:00 PM | CBC HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Carlyle need not worry about line matching with the Laich line, it's been spectacularly awful and most WSH fans have been calling it their fourth line satirically. The Grabovski line was referred to as the first line by Oates the other day so were gonna need to focus on shutting down a motivated line as well as a red hot Ovi.

Naturally, I am hoping Grabo scores but only once - pad those stats! ;)

GLG!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Something tells me Kadri will have a big game tonight, he knows what Grabo said last year, and he wants to prove Randy Carlyle made the right decision in Kadri over Grabo.

Kadri will have a big game, defend our coach, defend our team's pride, and prove once and for all he is better than Grabo.

mikebel111*

Something tells me Kadri will have a big game tonight, he knows what Grabo said last year, and he wants to prove Randy Carlyle made the right decision in Kadri over Grabo.

Kadri will have a big game, defend our coach, defend our team's pride, and prove once and for all he is better than Grabo.

So we can trade kadri afterwards in a year

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
So we can trade kadri afterwards in a year

Try to follow along with the discussion Mike. Anyone is expendable, including Bozak, Kessel, or JVR if it improves our team.

We are discussing what looks like a foreseeable problem 2 summers from now.

I am for the Leafs, not for one player.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Grabo isn't going to score but he will skate around in circles with the puck until Phaneuf levels him. After the game, people with bring up his Corsi numbers and talk about how well he possessed the puck.

Ovechkin will backcheck worse than a timbit player, leading to another "XBox controller disconnected" gif.

4-1 Leafs, JVR with 2 and Lupul and Raymond with 1 apiece.

Reimer is the Holy Jesus and will play accordingly.

GLG!

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'd love to see how many times we can make Grabovski play from the seat of his pants tonight. When he was a Leaf, this was his greatest talent.

Tonight: "Grabovski.... takes the puck from behind his net... skates out through the nutral zone... gets across the blue line... circles behind the net.... looking for a pass..... circles behind the net again... takes a weak shot that is blocked in front and then gets HAMMERED by Phanuef. a quick pass up to Kessel... it's a two on one... JVR and Kessel.... Grabovski, like a champ, gets up quickly from the crushing hit, but is still in the offensive zone as the rest of the team tries to scramble back... ya da ya da ya.... LEAFS SCORE!

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Rielly keeps on getting points and playing well yet hes gonna get scratched for a defensive goon that can't skate

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Try to follow along with the discussion Mike. Anyone is expendable, including Bozak, Kessel, or JVR if it improves our team.

We are discussing what looks like a foreseeable problem 2 summers from now.

I am for the Leafs, not for one player.

203161d1379532855t-misinformation-z30-bb-has-no-plans-release-us-surprised-baby-gif-1.jpg

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Tonight: "Grabovski.... takes the puck from behind his net... skates out through the nutral zone... gets across the blue line... circles behind the net.... looking for a pass..... circles behind the net again... takes a weak shot that is blocked in front and then gets HAMMERED by Phanuef. a quick pass up to Kessel... it's a two on one... JVR and Kessel.... Grabovski, like a champ, gets up quickly from the crushing hit, but is still in the offensive zone as the rest of the team tries to scramble back... ya da ya da ya.... LEAFS SCORE!

I tweeted Kadri, I told him to make sure Grabo does not outshine you tonight. Also I asked him to cleanly flatten #84, and ask him if he wants to go.

Seriously I think The Leafs know what is at stake, no one mouths off at our coach, which is a reflection of our team, comes into our building and has it easy.

There is a hidden element of pride in the Leafs logo tonight, and I would want to do it for Randy if I were a player on this team. Let's shut up the Grabo fans once and for all. He is not a Leaf anymore, we cheer for the Leafs.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Man talk about lingering injury to Bozak. Holy smokes. Everytime it seems he's close he's missing another game.

Hamstrings are a crap injury - because they can affect EVERYTHING in your lowerbody (your back, your butt, your knees) -not to mention that since they take so much pressure if it isn't healed properly one wrong move can set you back even longer. the most annoying thing is too - you can feel fine, then do a workout or a treatment and you feel worse afterwards (sigh - spoken by someone who had to take an entire year and a half to recover from one - luckily though, Bozak has an army of MLSE's best to work with :laugh:)

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Is Washington on a downswing, or will be as angry as the Leafs, for
losing?

I'm feeling as trepidatious, like the Leafs play.

Very surprised if the Leafs can't take advantage of the Caps 3/4 nights, well not surprised, more like pissed.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

Hopefully, Kadri has also been told to have a big game tonight as well. He needs to pick up his game and establish himself as a true #1/#2 centre.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I tweeted Kadri, I told him to make sure Grabo does not outshine you tonight. Also I asked him to cleanly flatten #84, and ask him if he wants to go.

Seriously I think The Leafs know what is at stake, no one mouths off at our coach, which is a reflection of our team, comes into our building and has it easy.

There is a hidden element of pride in the Leafs logo tonight, and I would want to do it for Randy if I were a player on this team. Let's shut up the Grabo fans once and for all. He is not a Leaf anymore, we cheer for the Leafs.

I have got to learn how to use twitter. #daisytwitdumb

I do agree with you though. Grabo - left and pretty much said that Carlyle was stupid in his decision making (indirectly (or directly, depending on how you want to take it) - saying that he should have been playing more than Kadri and better than him.

That should be a burr under his butt.

and again - this should also be a game that they'd want to win. #1 in the division is still very close, AND washington may be a team fighting for a wild card spot. So a regulation win helps our cause, denies Washington, and shuts people up in one fell swoop.

Washington is very good on the PK and terrific on the PP. This game will probably be decided by our even strength and Reimer's play

Agreed. We need to start popping in some ES goals (and cleaning up some of those wild scramble goals).

Rielly's a scratch?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Is Washington on a downswing, or will be as angry as the Leafs, for
losing?

I'm feeling as trepidatious, like the Leafs play.

Very surprised if the Leafs can't take advantage of the Caps 3/4 nights, well not surprised, more like pissed.

Our Leafs have no excuses for not showing up and out playing the Caps tonight. The Caps schedule has not been kind to them this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad