GDT: #22| Rangers at FLYERS | Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 | 1:00 PM ET ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFTeRMaTH*

And really I don't see Couturier showing more on offense until we get a good defense that allows him to be more free. He's basically our 3rd defenseman when he's out there, that's not gonna change until we actually get a #1 dman.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
nearer-my-god-to-thee-music-sheet-replica.jpg

"Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a privilege posting with you today."

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Doc has Alzheimer's? "I seem to remember Schenn and Simmonds playing together last year"

Um yeah that's been the default and unproductive and problematic 2nd line since for ever, Mike.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Imagine being a player in the room? Sitting with a super wealthy Vinny who barely has a pulse. Watching Berube's questionable decisions. Losing Hartnell to Umberger. Watching Coburn and AMac playing like AHLers (I think the D was better when they were hurt).

I'm glad i'm not the only person who's noticed this.

They looked like they had something going for a bit there, as well...

AFTeRMaTH*

How is he supposed to show anything offensively? There is no player in the NHL, possibly, in a harder position to show offense.

He's not. Our team is in way too bad of shape defensively to allow Couturier to be in an offensive role. Even though he looks god awful on the powerplay. If we let couturier play in an offensive role we'd be losing like 6-0 right now.

RJ8812*

"Along with it is Macdonald who can't do anything about it"

what else is new?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He's not. Our team is in way too bad of shape defensively to allow Couturier to be in an offensive role. Even though he looks god awful on the powerplay. If we let couturier play in an offensive role we'd be losing like 6-0 right now.

Despite the fact that every time he's had real linemates he's been great offensively. OK.

AFTeRMaTH*

Earn it, but with the two most useless anchors on the team. Solid logic.

He didn't produce with his last two linemates so you want to give him better ones? Solid logic. And who do you plan on trotting out there to play against opposing teams best players? We'd be losing even worst than now if we did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad