GDT: #22| Rangers at FLYERS | Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 | 1:00 PM ET ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He can't score period. Shootouts, nope. Breakaways, nope. Maybe this will fire him up. Probably not but I doubt he'd score no matter who his linemates are. Unless he's playing with G and V and that's not happening.

He's literally the only guy in his line. And you're getting pissed he isn't shutting down other teams and then scoring on them.with no support.

This is some "carter only scores in blowouts" reasoning.

AFTeRMaTH*

I can tolerate a lack of talent. What I won't tolerate is a complete lack of effort like we're seeing today. These guys look like they couldn't give a **** that they're getting run out of their own building.

We do lack talent though. Our defense is filled with #6-#7 dmen. You need a solid defense to win in today's NHL. You can't win games 6-5 in 2014. Hell we can't even get 1 goal right now. Holmgren left this team in abysmal shape and leaves it for Hextall.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Recall Rosehill and Stortini.

New top line: Rinaldo-Rosehill-Stortini

Every game for the rest of the season because lol whatever

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
There's always the ping pong balls God.

Plus with the way this team has been playing I'm not as confidant as you are about all three of them being worse.

Believe me I'll be praying to the ping pong ball gods, just don't see us getting one of the big 2. And have you seen Edmonton play??? Trust me they are thoroughly worse, as is Buffalo lol. Not sure what's going on with Carolina, they should be better.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
He can't score period. Shootouts, nope. Breakaways, nope. Maybe this will fire him up. Probably not but I doubt he'd score no matter who his linemates are. Unless he's playing with G and V and that's not happening.

In four of our last five our goals for is 0, 2, 2, and 0. Today we have zero so far. Only two players on our team have more then 15 points.

Might as well play every single player with Umberger and Lecavalier by your standards.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
On mobile so cant multi quote

The team record pre fight and post fight speaks for itself.

That night doesnt happen we dont make the playoffs last yr.

Yeah nothing makes a professional hockey player want to play harder for the rest of the season like watching some guy get beat up.

AFTeRMaTH*

He's literally the only guy in his line. And you're getting pissed he isn't shutting down other teams and then scoring on them.with no support.

This is some "carter only scores in blowouts" reasoning.

I'm not pissed at all. I love Couturier. He just hasn't shown anything offensively so make him
earn it.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Even if we got the top draft pick what difference do you think that would make? This is not entirely a talent issue. This team is completely disorganized.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Having his two regular linemates surely isn't helping but that is not the reason why he is struggling right now. It has to be confidence because every game his offensive instincts look to be getting worse

Having.nobody to play with will have that effect. All while your coach expects the unreasonable, and apparently the fans as well.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Do you people who keep saying "we can't get a top 2 pick because those teams will be worse" even look at the standings? We have 2 more wins than those teams... and based on the teams current play there's no reason to think they'll suddenly get better and pull away from those teams. There is absolutely a chance we get one of those picks, it's not impossible.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
On mobile so cant multi quote

The team record pre fight and post fight speaks for itself.

That night doesnt happen we dont make the playoffs last yr.

Can't fight that logic. I think brushed my teeth three times that day instead of two.

I'll do that today, I'm obviously the key to all this with my pre and post third brushing record.

Believe me I'll be praying to the ping pong ball gods, just don't see us getting one of the big 2. And have you seen Edmonton play??? Trust me they are thoroughly worse, as is Buffalo lol. Not sure what's going on with Carolina, they should be better.

We're only two wins ahead of all of them and still trending downward. For being thoroughly worse that's not that much better.

RJ8812*

that's it Berube. Juggle those lines with 5 minutes left...that will work

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
We do lack talent though. Our defense is filled with #6-#7 dmen. You need a solid defense to win in today's NHL. You can't win games 6-5 in 2014. Hell we can't even get 1 goal right now. Holmgren left this team in abysmal shape and leaves it for Hextall.

I understand, and that's why I usually don't get that upset when they lose games. Today though, they look like they didn't even want to show up. That's unacceptable as a professional.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Imagine being a player in the room? Sitting with a super wealthy Vinny who barely has a pulse. Watching Berube's questionable decisions. Losing Hartnell to Umberger. Watching Coburn and AMac playing like AHLers (I think the D was better when they were hurt).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad