Post-Game Talk: $22 Million Couldn't Get A Shot Off In The Shootout | Leafs lose 1-0

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Florida really throwing us a bone. I can't imagine how sad this season would look if the Atlantic wasnt a trainwreck after the B's and Tampa

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Sometime I wonder do players practice shootouts? I remembered when I was playing soccer, my team always train penalty shots at the end of practices.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I don't want to shit on Marner and his contract, but man oh man he does not deserve the contract he signed.

I know he can be better, but he just needs to start dominating fully as an almost 11m dollar player should.

What a game by Quick.

Reactions: Alamo Leafer

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
This is exactly why the team needed to not lay an egg last game, because tonight they did everything and just couldn't beat Quick. Coming out of California with less than 2 wins/4 pts is very disappointing.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Much much better game then vs SJ. I’ll take the pt, Quick stole this one. When considering the Leafs defence situation, certainly it’s a loss I’d still hold my head up high with

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
too bad, quick played out of his mind. good game though. jt with a few too many lazy turnovers for my liking...on to the next

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The Leafs played okay, but Quick was just unbeatable. At least Andersen was perfect through regulation and overtime to ensure the Leafs didn't end up getting nothing

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Fantastic game all around, lost the skills comp. Quick was really good, maybe a bit lucky tonight.
nah that was elite pad work on low shots. he was in conn smythe form tonight. LA is a playoff team when quick plays like that. just can't sustain it all season long any more

Reactions: TheKule

WildWolfdog

Dec 4, 2008
We have a bunch of clowns as fans on this board, seriously it's pretty pathetic.

The leafs dominated a lot of that game and deserved the win. Freddy was on point but so was Quick.

But all you'll hear is whining from the board with "our millions couldn't get a goal" etc.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Freddy was good. D, while suspect at times, did ok. JT had probably one of his better games and Nylander followed up a pretty lackluster game with a great effort. Sucks that we couldn't grab the extra point tonight. Just have to win tomorrow.

Reactions: Smif

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Tavares is really pissing me off; put some effort man; this is only your 2nd season - it's not like you are 40

I want to say win the next one and get 2 pts; but next one is tomorrow so there is a built in excuse already

:rant:

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Gonna post this again for people to see.

Expected goals
Leafs: 2.6
La:1.5

We won the game on paper though right? RIGHT???

We played a gritty, fast paces game. We hit, we forechecked well, and our defence did pretty good.

So yes, some of the moral on paper victories do matter.

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
you hockey players tell me if i'm wrong but if you deke, get the puck up. it's worth slowing down rather than rush the shot because the goalie is lunging and off balance anyway.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Kopitar made Matthews and Marner his bitch tonight.

Willie was good, Tavares was awful.

Atrocious effort against the worst team in the entire Western conference.

Reactions: Habz4Evr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad