Post-Game Talk: $22 Million Couldn't Get A Shot Off In The Shootout | Leafs lose 1-0

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Shootout is brutal as always. Horrible way for NHL games to end.

Hopefully they show up tomorrow and can get at least 1/2 the points available in this roadtrip.

Giving Marner $10.9M is looking more and more like a nightmare every day. All of the Nylander haters really need to give their head a shake.
Yet people on this board will tell you we have to like marners contract cause he is a leaf.
Send him packing in the off-season!!!

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
no no no, Nylander is better then both of them combined with one hand tied behind his back and while wearing dull skates, c'mon man get it right:nod:

you're not although the effort last night was actually pretty good Quick was just on

that said there is something definitely wrong with this team, no other explanation for the inconsistencies

you take your remote to the games, do you ever get it mixed up up with your phone?

you're right you just have the wrong guy
Yes, it could be Paul and not Mitch. LOL, If not the Marner's then who?

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
NHL Game Page

Both goalies stopped all shots in the 65 minutes of the game.

Shoot out is a sideshow.
That’s curious then. It fundamentally doesn’t sit right with me that Fred gets a SO and a OTL. A SO should necessitate a tie or a win. Even on that page linked, it seems contradictory, says Kempe and Kopitar attempts were “GOALS”.

NHL is stupid.

Go to 3 point for Regulation win, 1 point for otl, 2 point for otw. Play until the tie breaks Or 2 point for regulation win, otherwise 1 each in a tie.

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
I really enjoyed the game.
I thought they worked hard.

Disappointed they didn't get the 2nd. point, but both Goalies had shutouts.

Both goalies earned their shutouts.

It was a tie game.
Has Anderson ever won a shootout ?
Is a goalie change allowed for a shootout ?

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Yet people on this board will tell you we have to like marners contract cause he is a leaf.
Send him packing in the off-season!!!
No one tells anyone you have to like it. It's the complaining 7 months later that I will tell you to suck it up already. Get over it.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I really enjoyed the game.
I thought they worked hard.

Disappointed they didn't get the 2nd. point, but both Goalies had shutouts.

Both goalies earned their shutouts.

It was a tie game.

An odd game, but i do enjoy a good goalie dual once in a while.

Frustrating to get onky 1 point, but bot a disaster either way.

Shootouts suck though

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Aren’t we built on skill? Shouldn’t we shine in the shootout? Why hasn’t this been addressed.....?
I'd be interested to see the stats for our shooters and starts for goalies vs. the average in SO. Seems like we don't get the saves, but game skills also aren't the same as SO skills

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
1 win at best is very disappointing on this trip. Looks like Leafs will just back themselves into the playoffs because Florida is more incompetent.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I'd be interested to see the stats for our shooters and starts for goalies vs. the average in SO. Seems like we don't get the saves, but game skills also aren't the same as SO skills

MTL Loss: 1-2 vs. 0-3
PHI Win: 2-11 vs. 1-11
PHI Loss: 2-3 vs. 1-3
WPG Loss: 3-4 vs. 2-4
CGY Loss: 1-2 vs. 0-3
LAK Loss: 2-4 vs. 1-4

Total: 6-28 for
10-26 against

Reactions: Gallagbi

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
No one tells anyone you have to like it. It's the complaining 7 months later that I will tell you to suck it up already. Get over it.
No. It still hurts the team 7 months later. It will hurt 7 months from now as well.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
MTL Loss: 1-2 vs. 0-3
PHI Win: 2-11 vs. 1-11
PHI Loss: 2-3 vs. 1-3
WPG Loss: 3-4 vs. 2-4
CGY Loss: 1-2 vs. 0-3
LAK Loss: 2-4 vs. 1-4

Total: 6-28 for
10-26 against
Any idea what the average success rate is for a shooter? Feels like both are bad to be honest. For some reason I have a ~33% score rate in my head. Also looks like that Philly loss really boost Andy's numbers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->