GDT: #22 - 11/25/15 | montreal canadiens @ NEW YORK RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I actually do think we need to make a trade. I don't see how having Fast, Miller, and Lindberg on the team makes sense. Three vanilla guys. Move Fast and/or Miller for a scoring winger.

That rarely works. New guy comes in and never meets expectations in this town. Sykora, Kovalev Redux, MSL, You have to go back to Pat Verbeek in 1995 for a winger who was picked up during the season and actually consistently contributed on the top line. Unless you count Avery who had an instant impact but wasnt really classified as a scoring winger.

Better off to keep the assets, go into the playoffs with this familiar group, and throw Buchnevich in the top-6.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really expect a lot more from Yandle, especially given how Duclair's playing. In the Yandle vs. Staal contest of who to keep as the #2 LHD, I don't think Yandle's been much better the past few weeks.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
That rarely works. New guy comes in and never meets expectations in this town. Sykora, Kovalev Redux, MSL, You have to go back to Pat Verbeek in 1995 for a winger who was picked up during the season and actually consistently contributed on the top line. Unless you count Avery who had an instant impact but wasnt really classified as a scoring winger.

Better off to keep the assets, go into the playoffs with this familiar group, and throw Buchnevich in the top-6.

I don't see how we can continue down the road of keeping three near-identical players on this squad. It really hurts our forward diversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad