GDT: #22 | 11/21/13 | Nashville Predators vs Toronto Maple Leafs | 7:00 PM | LeafsTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Wow. Just realized no team in the East would make the playoffs in the West.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto
http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2013/11/19/5122214/how-toronto-scores

Interesting post on how Leafs have scored their goals this year. If you think Leafs have scored a lot of their goals through dump-ins and/or cycle game, you're dead wrong. Quite staggering how bad Leafs are in that department actually.

Ugh. Whenever I try to read a PPP blog post I feel like I'm being talked down to...like I'm 10 years old again and my parents are scolding me or something...

They probably have a point in there...but it's tough to find it without rolling my eyes and closing the page...

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
As long as the Leafs get outshot, they should win. :D

:laugh: pretty much, eh?

I know that we can win this game (per usual) - but it won't be an easy one as they have been beating a few other teams. Boston won as did Pittsburgh, so we need at least a point to keep a-pace with them.

a win for us, and a Tampa Bay Loss (come on, San Jose!) will have us tied 1st for the division & conference. (Boston would own it out right, due to their game in hand).

i'm very comfortable with whoever is in net. i can see Reimer getting the nod (I think with most of these interconference games, both goalies have split the games). but I can see Randy putting the edge to Bernier for the simple fact that Bernie has incredible stats against Nashville. [just as if this were Ottawa, regardless of the Oct 5th game, Reimer would get that edge - simply because he owns them].

but I think it would be a great game . I'd like to see some more even strength goals, though, and our defense actually hitting the net. HITTING. THE. NET, Dion :laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
With Bozak and Bolland out, Leafs have faced EDM, CAL, BUFF 2X, NJ, NY Isles, and NASH.

If we had to pick a time where we lost key players, this was the time.

Kadri back tonight, will be interesting to see how he responds to Cherry's comments. Knowing Kadri, it will be positive. Bozak? Will he go tonight? Game time decision.

But good timing indeed with tougher games coming up, 2 of 3 of our Centers are coming back.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
With Bozak and Bolland out, Leafs have faced EDM, CAL, BUFF 2X, NJ, NY Isles, and NASH.

If we had to pick a time where we lost key players, this was the time.

Kadri back tonight, will be interesting to see how he responds to Cherry's comments. Knowing Kadri, it will be positive. Bozak? Will he go tonight? Game time decision.

But good timing indeed with tougher games coming up, 2 of 3 of our Centers are coming back.

I honestly feel that he will have a burr in his butt - he wasn't playing.... BADLY per-se - but he wasn't playing very well either (not for someone who was trying to show why he should be the #1 centre anyway).

this should really be the pep in his step.

I would though, assume that Randy would keep Holland at #1 for a bit (JVR/Holland/Kessel) have been playing really well together, and keep Kadri/Lupul together. This should help stabilize things and keep things going for a while and buy Bozak a few more games. (the way he was sounding - he didn't really seem too confident that he would be playing today (though he's off LTIR). A win today, and a good game against Washington means that Bozak could potentially come back against....

the Jackets
[holy crap is next week a very busy hockey week for us].

for anyone wanting really good streams

firstrow is good - but I really do recommend getting hockeystreams. it was worth the money for me (i didn't buy the year, I bought the 6 months pkg).

EDDIE20*

Grabbing another 2 points tonight would be lovely, don't ya think?

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I honestly feel that he will have a burr in his butt - he wasn't playing.... BADLY per-se - but he wasn't playing very well either (not for someone who was trying to show why he should be the #1 centre anyway).

this should really be the pep in his step.

I would though, assume that Randy would keep Holland at #1 for a bit (JVR/Holland/Kessel) have been playing really well together, and keep Kadri/Lupul together. This should help stabilize things and keep things going for a while and buy Bozak a few more games. (the way he was sounding - he didn't really seem too confident that he would be playing today (though he's off LTIR). A win today, and a good game against Washington means that Bozak could potentially come back against....

the Jackets
[holy crap is next week a very busy hockey week for us].

for anyone wanting really good streams

firstrow is good - but I really do recommend getting hockeystreams. it was worth the money for me (i didn't buy the year, I bought the 6 months pkg).
Is hockeystreams a legal site? I would feel a little nervous paying for something that could get shutdown.
Then again if I had to stream almost every game it would be worth paying a bit for something high quality. Probably worth the risk.

I hope you are right about how Carlyle will play our centers tonight. Kessel and JVR dont seem to produce much more with Kadri than they do with Bozak or Holland and our secondary scoring is better with Lupul and Kadri together.

bobbyflex

Feb 26, 2010
Toronto, ON
sooooo who else here is excited we finally have our top 9 forwards healthy/un-suspended?

EDIT: just realized Bozak is still out :facepalm: looks like we'll have to wait till next game. Also GDT is freakin awesome.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I'm hoping Holland gets one more game on the top line before Bozak comes back. He hasn't looked out of place there, and Kessel and JVR are flying again since they got a legitimate centreman to play between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad