GDT: 22/11/15 | Devils @ Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Prust is who we should have given Dorsett's contract to.

Dorsett has been utterly useless.

Disagree. Neither should have been given Dorsett's contract lol. Prust's skating will catch up with him within the next few seasons for sure, and is nearly three years older.

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
Cracknell was a serious low percentage gamble...and it has paid off.

All hail the CrackMan!

Thanks for spelling Clendening's name right. Big Pet Peeve. Huge.

Prust has turned around most of us, after a dreadful preseason. He is winning over most of us, and I now see what Montreal fans saw. The guy is all heart and soul, and we certainly can use that in our locker room, as well as on the ice.

Note to self: never watch Hockeywives on TV.....

I absolutely love Cracknell. Sure he's no Dutch Gretzky, but he's a hard-working 4th liner that produces like a high-end 4th liner should. Glad he's on the roster, he provides a cliche to the team that works in our favour.

:popcorn: All hail the CrackMan!

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Also, Cracknell seems to be close with the rookies, Hutton/McCann/Virtanen. McCann singled him out, and he seems to be around them a lot in pics (didn't they go to one concert or something?)

Good example of why you don't need to overpay for meat and potatoes veterans. Most experienced guys are capable lol.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Great point! We all need to be talking about this more.

What the heck has happened to Dorsey? Where is the heart we saw last year???

The fact that he got a contract he can retire into might contribute. I have a soft spot for Dors since I'm related to him (kinda), but I'll admit that he has sucked ass this year.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
I absolutely love Cracknell. Sure he's no Dutch Gretzky, but he's a hard-working 4th liner that produces like a high-end 4th liner should. Glad he's on the roster, he provides a cliche to the team that works in our favour.

he isn't actually producing, he's just not the monstrous anchoring piece of **** liability that dorsett is

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
Great point! We all need to be talking about this more.

What the heck has happened to Dorsey? Where is the heart we saw last year???

4 years for a fourth liner is ridiculous. These guys generally have to fight (pun intended) to stay in the lineup/league. Perhaps the security has made him more comfortable.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
prust really isnt playing that well. when hes with dorsett they're both garbage, prust has just gotten really lucky so far

its ****ing depressing that the best of the three (cracknell) is the cheapest and the worst player is the most expensive

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Yeah there really isn't a reason why a team should overpay for 4th liners.

Cracknell is a perfect example. We could easily pick these guys up in fa for league minimum. Dorsett isn't special.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

More than any other player to put on a Canucks uniform this year, I'm cheering for the Crackman. The reasons why should be obvious, and put a smile on your face.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

Cracknell is a perfect example. We could easily pick these guys up in fa for league minimum. Dorsett isn't special.

but have those guys in UFA played for the medicine hat tigers?

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The fact that he got a contract he can retire into might contribute. I have a soft spot for Dors since I'm related to him (kinda), but I'll admit that he has sucked ass this year.

Jim Benning ladies and gentlemen.

Absolute garbage GM.

And people still want to give this guy a chance.

The Dorsett and Sbisa contracts should be more than enough justification to can this dumbass.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

the only time im willing to do it is when you have a guy like burr who will be a 4th liner in 3-4 years and he just really wants to stick around, like, ill give him 1m to be a 12th year canuck or whatever

the single most memorable canuck highlight including dorsett is going to be the time edler walked the entire ****ing columbus team while they collided into each other and dorsett was too slow and fat to do anything but make an angry face and wave him arm. he'll have been here for five miserable years and thats what we'll have to look back on - the time he and his team was embarrassed by alex edler

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Ask him (kinda) what the heck happened to his incredible heart, drive, and determination he showed last year.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I thought he played a hard, determined game today.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Agreed. I just worry that Dorsett has got comfortable after last year...and it is showing. And not in a good way.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Ask him (kinda) what the heck happened to his incredible heart, drive, and determination he showed last year.

too busy imparting it upon our rookies by building character by holding onto their ankles and going limp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad