Boston Bruins 22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Bruins been getting crushed on the dot lately. Which is strange. I don’t remember the last time this team was this bad on the face offs. Maybe Bergeron is a bit hurt.

Max domi is a left hand shot and he is apparently very good this season on the face offs.
Prior to this game, in his last 20 games Bergeron has been 262 for 428 for 61%. It was just one of those nights.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
The Islanders are just outside the playoffs at the moment. Have to think if they continue to slide between now and TDL, they’d consider moving Horvat…? Would that be unprecedented?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The Islanders are just outside the playoffs at the moment. Have to think if they continue to slide between now and TDL, they’d consider moving Horvat…? Would that be unprecedented?

Why would they move Horvat? They signed him to an 8 year deal and they don't own their draft pick to benefit from falling back more. Honestly, if they were gonna move out a big salary, I would put money on Barzal before Horvat.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This is why Grizz is more expendable then Derek come playoffs.
1676474221641.png

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I read somewhere Florida is in cap trouble with player(s) ready to return from injury. I assume it’ll be almost impossible for them to move Hornqvist.. wonder if they’d be open to moving 26yr old Anthony Duclair. LH shot RW, 31 goals last season. 3m cap hit next season only. He’s got speed. How would a Hall-Coyle-Duclair 3rd line project to perform?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
A trade for Towes is no different than any other trade . All trades are about cost. The thing about a Towes trade is Chicago is limited to where he is willing to go which reduces the cost in one way . Like we are both saying the cost of getting a third team involved is an unknown. Simply saying if the right deal can be reached he would be a nice addition,
I don't disagree. I just think there's a lot of "extra" cost besides just acquiring him. A lot of hurdles in front of Toews, vs a lesser salary player. There is the NMC which helps, but 100% agree on the cost.

Reactions: bme44

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I read somewhere Florida is in cap trouble with player(s) ready to return from injury. I assume it’ll be almost impossible for them to move Hornqvist.. wonder if they’d be open to moving 26yr old Anthony Duclair. LH shot RW, 31 goals last season. 3m cap hit next season only. He’s got speed. How would a Hall-Coyle-Duclair 3rd line project to perform?
He hasn't played a game this season. Seems a bit iffy to spend assets/spot on.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I like the player, but he's coming back from an achilles injury. Whoever we add needs to be a sure thing imo and a guy coming back from that type of injury isn't a sure thing to contribute right away.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
I don't know the story behind jakob Vranna and its possible he has major problems that would preclude the acquisition, but I did see that he was recalled by Detroit. Could you get him cheap plug him on the left side with DK and Pasta and put Zacha on right side with Coyle and Hall?

Reactions: BruinsJoe

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
We have passed my boundary for mild concern into full blown panic that we are this close to the trade deadline and Pasta is still unsigned.

Would be an absolute death knell to the next ~10 years of this franchise if he walks in the offseason for nothing.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I don't know the story behind jakob Vranna and its possible he has major problems that would preclude the acquisition, but I did see that he was recalled by Detroit. Could you get him cheap plug him on the left side with DK and Pasta and put Zacha on right side with Coyle and Hall?
I am all for anybody getting the help they need and rehabilitation, but this is not a route the Bruins should pursue.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Grzelcyk was a +1 (Forbort a -1) and the Bruins had over 65% of the attempts when Grzelcyk was on the ice at 5v5 but I'm sure none of that factored into the win at all.
Grzelcyk's +/- in the post season isn't exactly top notch.

That said, Grzelcyk has been very solid this year. No issues with him from me.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad