Player Discussion Jake Virtanen | XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Pretty bad when we've had more discussion threads than he's had AHL points.

Well isn't that an interesting fact! If you'll excuse me one second...

UF1vQAB.gif

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
This kid needs an offseason where he volunteers in Africa or something

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Here is the one thing I do not understand

they say he came to camp overweight . He was working our at Rodgers arena 5 days a week in the summer. was no one watching him

did they just give him the keys to the arena? come on!!!!

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Here is the one thing I do not understand

they say he came to camp overweight . He was working our at Rodgers arena 5 days a week in the summer. was no one watching him

did they just give him the keys to the arena? come on!!!!

Best part is the Canucks acting so surprised he came to camp overweight. Makes me believe that's exactly what they did.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com

those saying -2 in this game = bad blah blah think jumped the gun too early for this game

first goals against on first shift i'd probably give the credit to him as he failed to stick check pretty bad

but the play that got the Comets the win was the hit @ 4:55 that gave them 4min PP to work with. Jake got under Senator's skin after the hit and pretty much punched "unsuspected" jake. this pp gave the Comets two goals back to back.

SaltyKesler

Sep 3, 2015
Vancity
I check the box score and see Jake has no points but he has a ton of shots, you'd have to think some time in the 2nd half he ends up scoring.How much physicality does he bring on a game to game basis? Is is better than what we've seen when he was up here where he was scared to do anything half the time?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He came off of a big injury and also was injured I believe that year too. That one I can cut some slack.

In 121 pro games he has 12 goals. I truly believe his injury has had an impact on his shot and also how he has been developed. Still time but needs to start scoring.

An injury and very low hockey IQ aren't a very good combination, yet we still drafted him.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
He came off of a big injury and also was injured I believe that year too. That one I can cut some slack.

In 121 pro games he has 12 goals. I truly believe his injury has had an impact on his shot and also how he has been developed. Still time but needs to start scoring.

Seems as likely as not that that injury seriously ****ed up is career and is why he has 12 goals since turning pro.

Maybe something to consider the next time we are choosing whom to draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad