GDT: #21 | Penguins vs Bruins | Fri Nov 23 @ 730PM est | SN360, SNE, SNO, TVAS, NESN, ATTSN-PT

Who Wore It Better?[Black and Gold team colors]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Can’t wait for that.

It will be . . .

tenor.gif

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
How much does the lack of any sort of cohesive defensive structure play into this though?

You have 5 guys defending 3 below the hashmarks and its like a bunch of headless chickens. No one picks up a man, you have 3 guys skating into the corner to get a loose puck vs one guy, and they still lose the battle.

Point men from the other team have 5-10 seconds to make a decision, and no one can block a shot for **** on this team.

Every game. For, what, 120 games now?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
How much does the lack of any sort of cohesive defensive structure play into this though?

You have 5 guys defending 3 below the hashmarks and its like a bunch of headless chickens. No one picks up a man, you have 3 guys skating into the corner to get a loose puck vs one guy, and they still lose the battle.

Point men from the other team have 5-10 seconds to make a decision, and no one can block a shot for **** on this team.

I think it's hard to know how much of this is about coaching when half the defense needs a makeover.

Personally, I think coaching is part of the problem, so you're preaching to the choir, but the bigger problems are related to personnel choices JR has made over the last 16 months.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
everyone who's called Jack Johnson a bad defenseman were right about Jack Johnson.

no... not bad defenseman, per se. bad hockey player.

Actually, the people who merely called Jack Johnson a bad hockey player were the polite ones.

Reactions: domaug
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad