Post-Game Talk: #21 | FLYERS 1 at Rangers 4 | Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | NHLN, MSG, NBCSP+

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We already know who the GM is, and why he made all those moves. He’s told us at length. This is like the nonsense where people claimed Ghost wasn’t hurt in 19-20, even though he publicly talked in detail about how his injuries affected him.

The Flyers are a terrible team this season. You don’t need to spend all day making excuses for Fletcher and imagining conspiracy theories for why that’s the case.

We didn't know Hextall was a crazed control freak until he was fired.
We won't know whose fingerprints were on all these moves until Fletcher is fired.
For one thing, the strategy changed drastically from the summer of 2019 to the summer of 2021.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
@VladDrag @DancingPanther @landsbergfan — I’ve been briefly browsing pizzabuzz this week because our favorite Sith Lord is leading the campaign to fire Vigneault and Fletcher, is defending all the young players, is talking possession stats, etc. I agree with everything he says. It’s a f***ing hoot to read but also possibly a sign of the apocalypse and/or my eroding sanity. :laugh:
Holy...what?!

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
@VladDrag @DancingPanther @landsbergfan — I’ve been briefly browsing pizzabuzz this week because our favorite Sith Lord is leading the campaign to fire Vigneault and Fletcher, is defending all the young players, is talking possession stats, etc. I agree with everything he says. It’s a f***ing hoot to read but also possibly a sign of the apocalypse and/or my eroding sanity. :laugh:
I don’t believe it

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Well I will say this, good or bad, you have Clark and Holmgren in the same building so who is really sure.. I think though that Fletcher is most certainly "responsible" for most things but that is not to say he has "final decision".. There are organizational charts and then there is the real power structure.
How Flyers would it be for the team to put Holmgren in the Flyers Hall of Fame touting him as the only person to be player/coach/GM/President and then show him the door for being a failure in the same year?

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Pls give us screens

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We didn't know Hextall was a crazed control freak until he was fired.
We won't know whose fingerprints were on all these moves until Fletcher is fired.
For one thing, the strategy changed drastically from the summer of 2019 to the summer of 2021.

No it didn't. Fletcher acquired two RHDs in both of those summers. He acquired Thompson at his first trade deadline, and again during this summer. His approach hasn't changed.

Fletcher got credit for the team's success in 19-20 (6th overall), and he gets blame for its failures in 2021 (19th overall). That's how being a GM works. Quit being such an obsequious banana rider.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No it didn't. Fletcher acquired two RHDs in both of those summers. He acquired Thompson at his first trade deadline, and again during this summer. His approach hasn't changed.

Fletcher got credit for the team's success in 19-20 (6th overall), and he gets blame for its failures in 2021 (19th overall). That's how being a GM works. Quit being such an obsequious banana rider.

He traded a 2nd and 3rd and no prospects in 2019, his big trade was Gudas for Niskanen.
He traded 1st, (2) 2nds, Myers and Patrick last summer - that's quite a difference.
The sense of urgency was ramped up much higher over the summer.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He traded a 2nd and 3rd and no prospects in 2019, his big trade was Gudas for Niskanen.
He traded 1st, (2) 2nds, Myers and Patrick last summer - that's quite a difference.
The sense of urgency was ramped up much higher over the summer.

No it wasn't. In 2019, as well as the trades, his urgency got him to make a massive free agent signing - 7 years, $50,000,000.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad