GDT: [#21] Dallas Stars at Edmomton Oilers, 3:00 PM CST (FS-SW)

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
This game should be huge for there confidence .After the second it seemed like mcdavid and draisatl we’re unbeatable . Stars are finally starting to look like the team every one was talking about in the offseason .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Holy cow both McDavid and Draisaitl playing 27 minutes each. Thats more than anyone but Esa and Miro.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I like how Oilers fans are giving McDavid shit for his OT backcheck.. lmfao

The dude played 27 minutes in the game, and was on the ice for 1 minute and 14 seconds (the entire OT).. how do you expect him to have any gas in the tank.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Meanwhile, the "new" Dallas Stars are rolling four lines, no forward has played over 20 minutes the entire win streak (not fact checked 100% but probably pretty accurate) and we have gas in the tank late in games, Seguin/Benn can go out there with full energy in OT because they didn't play 20-22 minutes.. its beautiful.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Meanwhile, the "new" Dallas Stars are rolling four lines, no forward has played over 20 minutes the entire win streak (not fact checked 100% but probably pretty accurate) and we have gas in the tank late in games, Seguin/Benn can go out there with full energy in OT because they didn't play 20-22 minutes.. its beautiful.

Pavelski, Benn, Seguin today topped that

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I like how Oilers fans are giving McDavid **** for his OT backcheck.. lmfao

The dude played 27 minutes in the game, and was on the ice for 1 minute and 14 seconds (the entire OT).. how do you expect him to have any gas in the tank.

He also let Heiskanen walk around him at the end of the game to setup Seguin (who McDavid then missed his coverage on) and also left Heiskanen all alone in the slot for his goal. I suppose this is what happens when you have to completely rely on 2 players for everything. Brutal. 27 minutes for a forward is insane

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Really nice to see that comeback. Once it goes to OT you gotta be betting on McDrai but the Captain came through. Keep it going fellas! Tuesday can't come quick enough the way these guys are playing.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

And to think that we still need to get Roope Hintz and John Klingberg (hopefully normal Klingberg) back. Even Janmark is gonna be nice to have back

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Outside of puckmoving skill Esa has everything you want from a defenseman. He's not even really slow. His speed is pretty alright.

Exactly. What I mean is that he doesn’t really try to be a puck mover unless he has to be. Polak is the same way. Oleksiak has been good about it so far too.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
It’s easy to cheer for Benn after seeing his response to the OT goal. You could see the relief all over him. Likely to get a much more relaxed player in the coming games. I still think the Stars should trade him but, as a hockey fan in general, I was happy for him to get that goal. Good for him.

Also, great to see the benefit of two capable goalies today. Bishop needs to get his intensity back, though. He usually responds well after getting pulled, so that’s good for next game.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It’s easy to cheer for Benn after seeing his response to the OT goal. You could see the relief all over him. Likely to get a much more relaxed player in the coming games. I still think the Stars should trade him but, as a hockey fan in general, I was happy for him to get that goal. Good for him.

Thats an albatross contract. He has negative value and is close to untradeable not to mention the NMC Benn won't just randomly waive. Stars are stuck him him. We have to accept that. Stars would have to massively add to trade Benn and i wouldn't do that.

We have to live with declining Benn and make the best of it and hope he can just be an acceptable 50-60 point guy for most of the remaining years.

Talk about trading Benn is foolish because he's one of the highest paid players in the league for a at this point only top 6 forward.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Thats an albatross contract. He has negative value and is close to untradeable not to mention the NMC Benn won't just randomly waive. Stars are stuck him him. We have to accept that. Stars would have to massively add to trade Benn and i wouldn't do that.

We have to live with declining Benn and make the best of it and hope he can just be an acceptable 50-60 point guy for most of the remaining years.

Talk about trading Benn is foolish because he's one of the highest paid players in the league for a at this point only top 6 forward.
I agree in general, but still think something like Vancouver could be a possibility. Yes, the Stars would have to take on a bad contract like Eriksson, but I wouldn't be against it. As for Benn waiving, hypothetically speaking, I can’t imagine it being easy for a player to stay somewhere for five years where he knows the organization is trying to move him. I think he’d waive for the right situation; may not be many out there, but surely one or two.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I agree in general, but still think something like Vancouver could be a possibility. Yes, the Stars would have to take on a bad contract like Eriksson, but I wouldn't be against it. As for Benn waiving, hypothetically speaking, I can’t imagine it being easy for a player to stay somewhere for five years where he knows the organization is trying to move him. I think he’d waive for the right situation; may not be many out there, but surely one or two.

We'd have to add at least a first rounder to move Benn , maybe a prospect just to get someone like Loui back. No way i'm doing that.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Only way Benn leaves is if he wants to. Seattle and Vancouver seem like the only possible options, if it ever does come to that.

Reactions: serp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad