GDT: #21 - 11/19/13 | Boston Bruins @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG 2, NBC SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreiMeARiver*

Home games on MSG2 make me sad.

Yeah, I mean, does anyone really care about the Knicks right now?

I sure don't.

I do fantasy basketball, but have zero interest in actually watching the games. Stats, baby, it's all about stats!

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Not a fan of these changes..

Hags should play on the 3rd..

Found at another messageboard;

In the NY Post, Larry Brooks wonders how the Rangers lines will shake out when Rick Nash returns to the Rangers lineup.

Brooks says that Nash will either play with Chris Kreider and Derek Stepan or with Carl Hagelin and Brad Richards, with Ryan Callahan going to play with Kreider and Stepan.

Either of those lines would mean that Mats Zuccarello will drop to the third line, likely with Brian Boyle and Derick Brassard.

Nash started training camp, while Stepan was not there, with Richards and Kreider.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Yeah, I mean, does anyone really care about the Knicks right now?

I sure don't.

I do fantasy basketball, but have zero interest in actually watching the games. Stats, baby, it's all about stats!

More people care about the Knicks than the Rangers. Thats the way its been, is now, and forever shall be.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Not a fan of these changes..

Hags should play on the 3rd..

Found at another messageboard;

This was a article written by Brooks a week ago where he reasoned that Zucc was the odd man out of the top 6.

I'm not saying that he's not right, but I also hope that AV has the presence of mind to not play the names, but the players

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I, for one, am shocked that you'd advocate moving better players down in the lineup in favor of Zuccarello.

Considering most people on this forum was all about how Callahan was a 3rd line C the entire last season, I dont see that as a bad argument.

Has Callahan done anything to stay in the top6 over the last 12 games compared to others who have produced more ? But for the sake of removing the little bit of elitism that the word top6 implies, lets call it top9 so no one gets hurt

Last edited:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Considering most people on this forum was all about how Callahan was a 3rd line C the entire last season, I dont see that as a bad argument.

Has Callahan done anything to stay in the top6 over the last 12 games compared to others who have produced more ?

Let me get this straight, are you saying Zuccarello is a better player than Callahan? Because you'd be wrong.

The only reason this may happen is because Callahan's all-around game could help anywhere in the lineup, and Zuccarello needs the crutch of better players around him to remain viable in the NHL.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Let me get this straight, are you saying Zuccarello is a better player than Callahan? Because you'd be wrong.

The only reason this may happen is because Callahan's all-around game could help anywhere in the lineup, and Zuccarello needs the crutch of better players around him to remain viable in the NHL.

I'm not, I just pointed out that he's happened to produce more than Callahan lately. But you're right, he's obviously been carried by Stepan and Kreider, should be waived immdiately

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I'm not, I just pointed out that he's happened to produce more than Callahan lately. But you're right, he's obviously been carried by Stepan and Kreider, should be waived immdiately

Zuccarello has 2 more points in 7 more games.

The team is 20 games into the season. What is this "lately" nonsense? I'd likely lean towards keeping Zuccarello in the top 6, but it has a lot more to do with him being useless in the lineup anywhere else, than him being a better RW than the other options.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
When was the last time the Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello line scored? Two weeks ago against the Pens?

Gladly move Zucc off that line for Nash. Kreider can provide what Hags does in backing defenders up with his speed and puck retrieval and Stepan/Nash have played well together.

However, early in the year Richards/Nash showed some chemistry and Hagelin with Nash is effective.

Either way it will be nice to have him back, whether it's tonight or Thursday. My gut tells me Zucc is the odd man out. Which might be ok if he brings his tenacity top the third line it might jump start them.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I like the concept of Brassard and Zuccarello together, but I don't want to breakup Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello. They haven't really been putting points up recently (well, who has?) but they look good together.

Might not want to rush Nash into 1st line minutes in his first game back, either.

Kreider - Stepan - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Richards - Callahan
Miller - Brassard - Nash
Dorsett - Moore - Boyle

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Or, the Rangers can play a consistently tough and gritty game like most of the good teams in the NHL (like Boston) do on a regular basis, and let the chips fall where they may. I don't see the point in concerning yourself with pre-emptive or reactionary strikes.

Boston lost Eriksson earlier to a headshot, a quick recovery but still man games lost. The Sharks lost Boyle.

It's not about playing like the good teams do, even good teams lose players. The difference between good teams and the Rangers is that they don't have the depth to lose their star forward for 17 games or potentially more and be competitive.

Rick Nash was targeted twice in the past year. How many times before it matters? Will you sing the same tune if Nash gets early retirement and the Rangers are stuck with his contract for nothing? I doubt it.

Also, I didn't say anything about pre-emptive strikes. I just said fighting after the fact is too late, that doesn't mean I want them to do something stupid first. Focus on winning until Boston or whomever decides they are going to play dirty. However you bet your ass that if they put another Ranger out of the game with a careless hit I want the focus turned to making a statement because enough is enough.

*Bob Richards*

This can either be kinda good, or really really awful. Here's hoping for the former.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Boston lost Eriksson earlier to a headshot, a quick recovery but still man games lost. The Sharks lost Boyle.

It's not about playing like the good teams do, even good teams lose players. The difference between good teams and the Rangers is that they don't have the depth to lose their star forward for 17 games or potentially more and be competitive.

Rick Nash was targeted twice in the past year. How many times before it matters? Will you sing the same tune if Nash gets early retirement and the Rangers are stuck with his contract for nothing? I doubt it.

Also, I didn't say anything about pre-emptive strikes. I just said fighting after the fact is too late, that doesn't mean I want them to do something stupid first. Focus on winning until Boston or whomever decides they are going to play dirty. However you bet your ass that if they put another Ranger out of the game with a careless hit I want the focus turned to making a statement because enough is enough.

It's why we need a guy like McIlrath in our lineup and have needed one for a long time. He's going to end up dealing with Lucic in time and I'm excited for it, granted he may lose but Lucic will at least feel some pain. Having a guy like that who is a heavy weight and won't shy away puts a lot of people in check.

They don't become available often when they can actually fight and skate. That's the issue we always have, guys that are close to washed up as our answer.

It's the best insurance policy you can have.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@PLeonardNYDN: Taylor Pyatt on ice for morning skate. Has been out since concussion in Columbus Nov. 7â€

Ugh...

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Getting Pyatt back is great if only for the fact it can finally get Miller back to the AHL.

Agreed, although I think we are in the minority here. Far too many prefer upside vs. the reality of their lack of production and, most importantly, the proper development of a young player.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Please, please don't let Nash back into the lineup against a heavy team like Boston. Seriously a disaster waiting to happen. It's only 1 game, they're not even in the division

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Please, please don't let Nash back into the lineup against a heavy team like Boston. Seriously a disaster waiting to happen. It's only 1 game, they're not even in the division

I was thinking the same thing, i'd much rather him start in Dallas on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad