GDT: #21 - 11/19/13 | Boston Bruins @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG 2, NBC SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Got the Bill Paxton game over .jpeg on stand by. Save us Kreider.

Hopefully the Bruins will be tired. They'll probably suck the life out of this one asap.

ajdj10

Feb 14, 2012
Neverland
Eh, I don't think their more talented than the Kings.

Regardless, I think this is a winnable game. Back-to-back games for them and the Rangers have played the Bruins well over the past couple seasons.

LGR!

Well Rask did play tonight...
Great.

Game over man. Game over.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Would people really rather see Rask in net than Chad Johnson? Like for serious? Have we gotten that crazy?

Punxrocknyc19*

Would people really rather see Rask in net than Chad Johnson? Like for serious? Have we gotten that crazy?

stats dont lie :shakehead i can only imagine how they would do vs an ECHL goalie. oh wait remember when the other Brodeur shutout the Rangers when he was the goalie for the Sentators :sarcasm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Brodeur

Brodeur signed a one-year contact with the NHL Ottawa Senators during the summer of 2009, but at training camp, Brodeur was returned to the AHL, assigned to the Binghamton Senators. Brodeur was recalled to Ottawa on November 24, 2009, after an injury to Senators' starting goaltender Pascal Leclaire. He made his NHL debut on December 19, 2009, against the Minnesota Wild, stopping 22 shots and backstopping Ottawa to a 4-1 win.[1] He was returned to Binghamton afterwards. On January 14, 2010, Brodeur was called up from Binghamton only hours before the opening faceoff for the Ottawa Senators. Brodeur made 32 stops for a 2-0 shutout of the New York Rangers in only his second ever NHL game.[2] He then went 3-0-0 in his NHL career with a 4-2 win against the Montreal Canadiens on January 16, 2010.

On March 15, 2012, Brodeur signed with the Las Vegas Wranglers of the ECHL.[3] March 23 was his first full game in more than a year following offseason hip surgery. He lost that game to the Idaho Steelheads, 3-2, in a shootout.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Every team in the league struggles against backups. Backups are ****ing good.

I think people forget that there's only 60 goalies. If there were only 60 forwards Ryan Callahan would be in the discussion for worst forward in the league. Ryan Callahan, folks.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Bruins are a well oiled machine...scary too..

I got a feeling this game will contain 3 goals total, 1 fight, 1 very questionable hit and 1 long time injury..

That's what my magic 8 ball says..

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Another tough match up for the boys. I hope they're motivated to come out flying after getting shutout.

Excited to see whether or not Nash is a go tonight.

LGR

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
B's fan here. I may be in the minority but I love your team specifically Cally, McDonough, Hank and Richards. Good luck tonight!

Also, if they announce that it is Patrice Bergeron's 600th game, please give him a huge round of applause for us here in Boston :)

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
B's fan here. I may be in the minority but I love your team specifically Cally, McDonough, Hank and Richards. Good luck tonight!

Also, if they announce that it is Patrice Bergeron's 600th game, please give him a huge round of applause for us here in Boston :)

Nope, gonna boo him.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

Well that sets you apart from about 75% of our fanbase.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Lucic is licking his chops he can run around all night and have nobody in his face...Tonight is the night for a goon in our lineup..Not as a deterent for cheap shots but at least make him fight for them afterwards...Dorsett will try but it will be a joke

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Streiderello for 15 shots combined, because shoot the puck. Maybe even some goals.

Heres to no injuries

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
http://nypost.com/2013/11/18/time-to-get-nash-ty-rangers-must-protect-returning-star/
I expect a hit like this. Unpenalized and certainly no suspension. If Nash isn't playing, then McD gets it.

A game misconduct will be pretty pointless after Nash is already on the ice again feeling woozy. That's the problem here. Nothing is actually deterring idiots like Lucic from taking liberties in the first place. Fighting him after the fact will solve nothing.

I'm not saying do nothing, and as much as I hate wishing ill-will on anyone, if someone runs Nash again a Rangers player better step up to the plate and practically decapitate one of the other teams star players. If the league isn't going to actually crack down then the players need to take an actual eye for an eye which means giving one of their players the same trip to the IR. Maybe once all the league's best players are leaving every other period on stretchers the league will do something of significance.

The current state of dirty plays in the NHL is disgusting.

Punxrocknyc19*

Lucic is licking his chops he can run around all night and have nobody in his face...Tonight is the night for a goon in our lineup..Not as a deterent for cheap shots but at least make him fight for them afterwards...Dorsett will try but it will be a joke

another reason Falk might play again tonight.. :handclap: if i was Rangers management, this would be a great time to give McIlrath or Allen a chance.. see what they have.. one game isnt going to ruin their career, unless they get only 4 mins of ice time.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
A game misconduct will be pretty pointless after Nash is already on the ice again feeling woozy. That's the problem here. Nothing is actually deterring idiots like Lucic from taking liberties in the first place. Fighting him after the fact will solve nothing.

I'm not saying do nothing, and as much as I hate wishing ill-will on anyone, if someone runs Nash again a Rangers player better step up to the plate and practically decapitate one of the other teams star players. If the league isn't going to actually crack down then the players need to take an actual eye for an eye which means giving one of their players the same trip to the IR. Maybe once all the league's best players are leaving every other period on stretchers the league will do something of significance.

The current state of dirty plays in the NHL is disgusting.

Or, the Rangers can play a consistently tough and gritty game like most of the good teams in the NHL (like Boston) do on a regular basis, and let the chips fall where they may. I don't see the point in concerning yourself with pre-emptive or reactionary strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->