Olympics: 2026 Team Canada

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I agree. There are a TON of players that can develop up front in the next 4 years to fill the void -

LAF,
Byfield,
Wright,
Bedard,
Fantilli,
Cozens,
Newhook,
McMichael,
McTavish,
Jack Quinn,
Mercer,
Perfetti,
Holloway,
Johnson,
Sillinger,
Othmann,
Savoie, etc...

Goaltending is a real concern. Fortunately, while goaltending is hit or miss, depending on the year, our defensive prospects are very strong so, hopefully, it will all come together in 2026.
I thought about putting McTavish there. I really like that kid

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
LOL!

Yes but we should have ONE in 4 years - just the law of averages.
You would think! Let’s hope someone emerges…

and I’m just glad I didn’t see the piss poor goaltending we would have had in a best on best in China, it was t going to be pretty, especially in a one game elimination. Atleast in a 7 game series your goalie can have a stinker or two.

Reactions: ORRFForever

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I personally am not going to get excited for this. Highly doubtful that they go to the Olympics anymore.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I personally am not going to get excited for this. Highly doubtful that they go to the Olympics anymore.
True. What's going on in the world isn't helping. But, for those who care, it's a concern.

For Canadians, the 2016-2018 drafts aren't a weak link, they are a missing link, and we need the next generation of players (2019 - 2023) to step up or we won't be Gold Medal favourites - assuming there is a tournament.

Last edited:

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Not a fan but Suzuki has looked terrific recently.

last year he was terrific and there were a few posters (not me - but some around here) who imagined he was in the running for 2022 Olympic consideration. I thought it was a bit of a stretch, but very likely he'd be on the 2026 Olympic team (if we have a NHL Olympics) or some kind of best on best tournament 2-4 years out. I figured he would come around. Hopefully he gets his ass to Europe in May.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad