2026 NHL draft prospects

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
My top-150.
26.jpg
Elton Hermansson is very low, I mean, he was PPG in J18 playing for a good team. Only Bjorck had better PPG,but he played for a worse team and had less competition internally

Yanchalouski and Tuzin probably moved to Sweden now

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
At this point, you can certainly start to see who is beginning to really stand tall within particular regions. How players across the regions rank amongst each other though, that is much harder to project right now absent just using a historical basis for strength amongst that region. Certainly nobody knew who the heck Leon Draisaitl was back in 2011. His initial break out occurred when he won the player of the year in the German Development League, which earned him a number 2 selection in the CHL Import Draft (behind Ivan Barbashev). That iself can be hit or miss. Players like Vladimir Alistrov, Martin Chromiak, Jan Bednar and Niko Huuhtanen were all recent CHL Import Draft Number 2 overall selections.
The CHL import draft isn't a very good indicator as the draft is less about talent than about guys having deals in place to come over and many top prospects from outside the CHL are just never seriously considered for the CHL draft.

The Vancouver giants had a first overall, a physically developed at the time Russian Dman who just never turned out to be anything at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
My top-150.
26.jpg
From Quick scan it looks like approx 60% of 08s listed are Jan- March birthdates. As long as y’all realize that hockey is a late-developing sport and by adulthood aka NHL .. the Jan- March birthdates are corrected to ~29% then by all
means knock yourselves out and keep posting your lists of grade 9 future NHLers :)

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I watched the games of St. Ignatius. By the way, he played in attack, despite the fact that he was marked D on the Eliteprospects website. He played well, which is why I put him on my list.
Thanks for the response. It's just fun to me that folks would even consider a student from St. Ignatius for any list. I'm an alumnus of SI and watch or attend as many games as possible. Thanks again!

Reactions: czech

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There is a poster here who goes by the name "Pavel Buchnevich". Active guy, seems to have a good reputation here. I remember how we had a discussion about Rangers prospect Egor Rykov. He used same kind of arguments "xenophob", "you dont know nothing" etc. Now, here we are I was right and he was wrong. You know why? I know better, because, it is not xenophobia, it is fundamental knowledge. I was sure Panarin would be very good, I was sure Radulov would be a PPG player, I was sure Kaprizov will be good etc. If a player is russian and is good I will tell just that. I was sure Gusev and Tkachyov would fail etc. I am not always right, but quite often I am.

Is it my xenophobia that people think that a 3rd pairing KHL defenseman is good enough for NHL and I find it laughabale? Or is it my xenophobia that I dont see every russian top player in his age group as future 1st overall player? I made a list for you, who has wisdom will learn
Just so everyone is clear, your framing of our discussion leaves out what it was about and what actually happened. You have also asserted untrue things that didn't happen. When you suggest someone called you a xenophobe, shouldn't you make sure it happened? I went back to look through our discussion, and that never happened. In fact, our discussion was not a general discussion about Rykov with no fine point to it.

Our discussion was that you didn't like that I said Jyrki Jokipakka was getting too many minutes for Sochi at the time. The discussion started by you responding to my remark intended at no one in particular with regard to Jokipakka. You then decided to take numerous shots at me. I didn't call you a xenophobe, it's quite clear the one of the two of us that was name-calling in the discussion was you and the one trying to debate the point was me. I tried to argue with you about the actual point of Jokipakka's minutes, but you didn't seem to have any opinion on that, or at least not one you wanted to share. You lashed out at my attempt to try to discuss the fine point of how Jokipakka was playing by suggesting I was checking boxscores to form my opinion as opposed to watching games.

Anyone that wants to read that discussion can do so here.

As for Rykov, I'm not sure what you were really right about. Our disagreement that you suggest was about Rykov and frame was about how good he'd end up being wasn't actually about Rykov as opposed to Jokipakka.

Rykov didn't end up making it in the NHL. He had an unlucky bad injury right before the preseason started of his first year in North America, and had no chance to make the NHL roster to start off his first NHL season because of it. Once he was back from injury, the season had already started. There wasn't a real need for him on the big club from that point on. That's sometimes how it goes that players lose spots or the chance to earn spots due to injury and then never get another chance to reclaim their spot or claim a spot for the first time. Part of the game. Sports aren't fair. He went back to the KHL after one season in the AHL. I haven't paid attention to how he's done in recent years.

But again, we never had a discussion about Rykov, so it's kind of a weird claim on your part. If I wanted to misrepresent things you've said, I could very easily assert you were wrong about Igor Shestyorkin because you argued with me in a thread about him. That's essentially the equivalent of what you are doing with regards to Rykov, but I have no intention to be dishonest about what was said. Hopefully you just misremember how our discussion went because it certainly was nothing like you suggested.

And look, if you want to talk about xenophobia, I think we've only had like 5 or 6 real interactions on this website and at least two of them were you coming up with red herring nationality or religion (what?) claims that were in no way relevant to any discussion about the players being discussed. Are you sure you aren't projecting?

Sorry to everyone else, I'm not trying to derail this thread, but you made some defamatory claims about me, and I'm not going to let them go unchallenged.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Just so everyone is clear, your framing of our discussion leaves out what it was about and what actually happened. You have also asserted untrue things that didn't happen. When you suggest someone called you a xenophobe, shouldn't you make sure it happened? I went back to look through our discussion, and that never happened. In fact, our discussion was not a general discussion about Rykov with no fine point to it.

Our discussion was that you didn't like that I said Jyrki Jokipakka was getting too many minutes for Sochi at the time. The discussion started by you responding to my remark intended at no one in particular with regard to Jokipakka. You then decided to take numerous shots at me. I didn't call you a xenophobe, it's quite clear the one of the two of us that was name-calling in the discussion was you and the one trying to debate the point was me. I tried to argue with you about the actual point of Jokipakka's minutes, but you didn't seem to have any opinion on that, or at least not one you wanted to share. You lashed out at my attempt to try to discuss the fine point of how Jokipakka was playing by suggesting I was checking boxscores to form my opinion as opposed to watching games.

Anyone that wants to read that discussion can do so here.

As for Rykov, I'm not sure what you were really right about. Our disagreement that you suggest was about Rykov and frame was about how good he'd end up being wasn't actually about Rykov as opposed to Jokipakka.

Rykov didn't end up making it in the NHL. He had an unlucky bad injury right before the preseason started of his first year in North America, and had no chance to make the NHL roster to start off his first NHL season because of it. Once he was back from injury, the season had already started. There wasn't a real need for him on the big club from that point on. That's sometimes how it goes that players lose spots or the chance to earn spots due to injury and then never get another chance to reclaim their spot or claim a spot for the first time. Part of the game. Sports aren't fair. He went back to the KHL after one season in the AHL. I haven't paid attention to how he's done in recent years.

But again, we never had a discussion about Rykov, so it's kind of a weird claim on your part. If I wanted to misrepresent things you've said, I could very easily assert you were wrong about Igor Shestyorkin because you argued with me in a thread about him. That's essentially the equivalent of what you are doing with regards to Rykov, but I have no intention to be dishonest about what was said. Hopefully you just misremember how our discussion went because it certainly was nothing like you suggested.

And look, if you want to talk about xenophobia, I think we've only had like 5 or 6 real interactions on this website and at least two of them were you coming up with red herring nationality or religion (what?) claims that were in no way relevant to any discussion about the players being discussed. Are you sure you aren't projecting?

Sorry to everyone else, I'm not trying to derail this thread, but you made some defamatory claims about me, and I'm not going to let them go unchallenged.
Hi Pavel! Nor your real name, I know

Do you remember that the majority of our "discussion" has been deleted by the mods?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hi Pavel! Nor your real name, I know

Do you remember that the majority of our "discussion" has been deleted by the mods?
Convenient excuse that there's no way for you to prove.

And maybe that's your point. You get to defame me and then hide behind the "moderators deleted it" type of argument to cover for something that you seem to be the only one that recalls.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Convenient excuse that there's no way for you to prove.

And maybe that's your point. You get to defame me and then hide behind the "moderators deleted it" type of argument to cover for something that you seem to be the only one that recalls.
You are running ahead of the train, I just asked you a question. It is a valuable question, and I do remember very well that the mods intervened.

Since the mods have deleted the absolute majority of the conversation there is not much value in going back to check an old thread.

My recollection is that you were very hyped about Rykov, you claimed that
a)He is TOP 4 quality for SKA
b)He is WC quality
c)He is NHL ready and is ahead of Hajek and Lindgren
You also claimed that you have watched him personally like 20-25 times LMAO

I was not as optimistic about Rykov and pointed out that he is definitely not NHL ready, nor is he WC quality and yes, he is worse than Jokipakka(who was the best Sochi defenseman).

There was more, but that's the main point.

I don't remember clearly if you went to the xenophobe argument, from what I recollect it went to the "you are just here to sh*t on russian players" but maybe I am wrong. Discussion definitely got heated though.

Rykov is a bust in KHL aswell btw, plays for middle-bottom teams now and doesn't do much

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You are running ahead of the train, I just asked you a question. It is a valuable question, and I do remember very well that the mods intervened.

Since the mods have deleted the absolute majority of the conversation there is not much value in going back to check an old thread.

My recollection is that you were very hyped about Rykov, you claimed that
a)He is TOP 4 quality for SKA
b)He is WC quality
c)He is NHL ready and is ahead of Hajek and Lindgren
You also claimed that you have watched him personally like 20-25 times LMAO

I was not as optimistic about Rykov and pointed out that he is definitely not NHL ready, nor is he WC quality and yes, he is worse than Jokipakka(who was the best Sochi defenseman).

There was more, but that's the main point.

I don't remember clearly if you went to the xenophobe argument, from what I recollect it went to the "you are just here to sh*t on russian players" but maybe I am wrong. Discussion definitely got heated though.

Rykov is a bust in KHL aswell btw, plays for middle-bottom teams now and doesn't do much
To answer your question, no, I don't remember that.

Please stop your recollection claims too of what I said. I've already shown that what you recollect doesn't align with what occurred.

If you want to be wrong about what you recollect, that's your business, but it's poor form to bring others into the discussion and constantly be wrong recollecting what they said, especially when you are trying to disparage them.

Reactions: wetcoast

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
To answer your question, no, I don't remember that.

Please stop your recollection claims too of what I said. I've already shown that what you recollect doesn't align with what occurred.

If you want to be wrong about what you recollect, that's your business, but it's poor form to bring others into the discussion and constantly be wrong recollecting what they said, especially when you are trying to disparage them.
Ok, so you don't remember. Or you pretend that you don't. I think it is more likely

At least you shouldn't deny that you massively overhyped Rykov

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Ok, so you don't remember. Or you pretend that you don't. I think it is more likely

At least you shouldn't deny that you massively overhyped Rykov
This is the wrong thread for this and nobody cares. If you have an issue with something @Pavel Buchnevich wrote or said to you, send him a PM, especially if it's about a 2016 draftee. Seriously, WTF?

STOP derailing the thread. Some people have notifications set up for threads and so they can stay on top of discussions they are interested in. Every time somebody makes a post that is not related to the topic, a kitten dies and hundreds of people get pointless e-mails. Think before you press "Post reply."

Now, about those 2026 prospects, did you all see the feature on Gavin McKenna in The Hockey News Draft Preview? For those who didn't pick it up, there were a couple key takeaways for me.

Medicine Hat brought him up to give him a taste of the WHL for the last bit of the season and he ends up leading the team in scoring over the last four regular season games and the four playoff games.

Part of the reason for that smooth transition is he was practising with the Tigers three days a week all season long, while playing most of his games with a team in the SAHA that was coached by Brayden Desjardins, the son of Tigers coach Willie Desjardins. McKenna said the system was "pretty close" so that also helped.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
This is the wrong thread for this and nobody cares. If you have an issue with something @Pavel Buchnevich wrote or said to you, send him a PM, especially if it's about a 2016 draftee. Seriously, WTF?

STOP derailing the thread. Some people have notifications set up for threads and so they can stay on top of discussions they are interested in. Every time somebody makes a post that is not related to the topic, a kitten dies and hundreds of people get pointless e-mails. Think before you press "Post reply."

Now, about those 2026 prospects, did you all see the feature on Gavin McKenna in The Hockey News Draft Preview? For those who didn't pick it up, there were a couple key takeaways for me.

Medicine Hat brought him up to give him a taste of the WHL for the last bit of the season and he ends up leading the team in scoring over the last four regular season games and the four playoff games.

Part of the reason for that smooth transition is he was practising with the Tigers three days a week all season long, while playing most of his games with a team in the SAHA that was coached by Brayden Desjardins, the son of Tigers coach Willie Desjardins. McKenna said the system was "pretty close" so that also helped.
Link?

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

Fantastic, just next time, maybe you should write to the person who initiated the argument. Seriously, WTF?

• Haha
Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
I have compiled a bunch of names together from most nations. Mind you I haven’t watched 80% of these kids play, all list Is for me as a reference. But I thought it might help others as well. I am consistently adding names to this list so feel free to reply with some I don’t have.

Canada
Ryan Roobroeck (F)London Jr. Knights U16 AAA
Noah Kosick (F)Pacific Coast Academy U18 Prep
Brett Olson (F)St. Albert Raiders U18 AAA
Gavin McKenna (F)Medicine Hat Tigers
Beckham Edwards (F)Elgin Middlesex Canucks U16 AAA
Logan Hawery (F)Barrie Colts U16 AAA
Zachary Nyman (D)Vaughan Kings U15 AAA
Quinn Kipfer (F)Huron Perth Lakers U16 AAA
Jacob Gouchie (D)Moncton Flyers U18 AAA
Dylan Rozzi (F)Lac St-Louis Lions M15 AAA E
Liam Ruck (F)Okanagan HA U15 Prep
Benjamin Lacoste (D)Mortagne Noir et Or M15 AAA E
Tynan Lawrence (F)Shattuck St. Mary's 14U AAA
Chase Harrington (F)Delta Hockey Academy U18 Prep
Émil Leroux (F)Stanstead College Varsity
Keaton Verhoeff (D)RINK Hockey Academy Kelowna U15P
Tyler Challenger (F)Toronto Marlboros U15 AAA
Kent Greer (D)Pittsburgh Penguins Elite 14U
Braidy Wassilyn (F)Markham Majors U16 AAA
Markus Ruck (F)Okanagan HA U15 Prep
Adam Valentini (F)Mississauga Senators U16 AAA
Alessandro Di Iorio (F)Vaughan Kings U15 AAA
Cooper Otterman (D)Windsor Jr. Spitfires U16 AAA
Alexander Hage (F)Vaughan Kings U15 AAA
Colin Fitzgerald (F)Peterborough Petes U15 AAA
Eli Barrett (F)St. George's School U15 Prep
Brek Liske (D)Northern Alberta Xtreme U15 Prep
Mathis Preston (F)Okanagan HA U15 Prep
Daxon Rudolph (D)Northern Alberta Xtreme U15 Prep
Aiden O'Donnell (F)Harbour Storm U15
Ryan Lin (D)Delta Hockey Academy U15 Prep G
Brady Smith (F)North York Rangers U15 AAA
Ty Meunier (F)St. Albert Sabres U15 AAA
Jude Bray (D)Toronto Marlboros U15 AAA
Cruz Pavao (F)Edge School U15 Prep
Nik Rossetto (F)Soo Greyhounds U18 AAA
Louis-François Bélanger (F)Collège Notre-Dame Albatros
Riley Steen (D)Okanagan HA U15 Prep
Cole Bieksa (F)Fairmont Prep Warriors 15U AAA
Jalen Lobo (F)Toronto Jr. Canadiens U15 AAA
Tucker Tullikopf (F)Northern Alberta Xtreme U15 Prep
Townes Kozicky (F)Calgary Bisons U15 AAA
Weston Cameron (F)Toronto Marlboros U15 AAA
Owen O'Donnell (F)Harbour Storm U15
Maximus Crete (F)Nepean Raiders U18 AAA
Joe Iginla (F)RINK Hockey Academy Kelowna U15P
Kayden Lemire (F)OHA Edmonton U15 Prep
Luca Bonomo (D)Mississauga Senators U16 AAA
Carter Kingerski (F)Winnipeg Wild U15 AAA
Nate Yellowaga (D)Edge School U15 Prep
Caleb Malhotra (F)Vaughan Kings U15 AAA
Aaron Chipp (F)Halifax Gulls U15
Dimian Zhilkin (F)Toronto Jr. Canadiens U15 AAA
Xander Boutilier (F)Sackville/East Hants Kings U16
Brayden Krawczyk (F)Toronto Jr. Canadiens U15 AAA
William Yared (F)Lac St-Louis Lions M15 AAA E
Noah Florent (F)Québec Blizzard M15 AAA E
Amelio Santini (F)Lac St-Louis Lions M15 AAA E
Ayden Mackay-Gallant (F)Prince County Warriors U15 AAA
Alex Mclean (F)Pittsburgh Penguins Elite 14U
Nikita Zitserman (F)Mississauga Senators U15 AA
USA
Finland:
Russia:
Sweden:
Slovakia:
Latvia:
Germany:
Lithuania:
Austria:
Hungary:
France:
In Sweden I missed the duo Viggo Bjorck and Markus Nordmark
Bjorck was the best player on tv pucken and is obliterating the u18 this season.

Reactions: hellwar9

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Viggo Björck has 18 points in his last 5 games against U16 and J18 competition. 2.27 PPG in J18 and 3.00 in U16. Elton Hermansson is also producing in J18 and U16 but not at the same rate as Björck but i have Hermansson in the same tier tbh. Things can change but i dont think any other 08 will battle with them.

Reactions: JotAlan

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Viggo Björck has 18 points in his last 5 games against U16 and J18 competition. 2.27 PPG in J18 and 3.00 in U16. Elton Hermansson is also producing in J18 and U16 but not at the same rate as Björck but i have Hermansson in the same tier tbh. Things can change but i dont think any other 08 will battle with them.
Nordmark is an obvious 3rd right?

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
So far elite prospects has 5 guys listed as top prospects and I wonder which ones get added next and how they all develop.

I know that McKenna was an early star as was Roobroeck but I think #1 is still an open question much like the 2021 draft was at this point.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
If the draft were today, what would the top 10 look like?
My:

1 McKenna
2 Björck
3 Fyodorov
4 Preston
5 Vlasov
6 Verhoeff
7 Rudolph
8 Roobroeck
9 Hermansson
10 Shilov

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
If the draft were today, what would the top 10 look like?
My:

1 McKenna
2 Björck
3 Fyodorov
4 Preston
5 Vlasov
6 Verhoeff
7 Rudolph
8 Roobroeck
9 Hermansson
10 Shilov

No czechs? Novotny already plays in Extraliga
Also, on swedish side, Stenberg is small, but he is probably ahead of Hermansson at the moment

Reactions: czech and Czechboy

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
No czechs? Novotny already plays in Extraliga
Also, on swedish side, Stenberg is small, but he is probably ahead of Hermansson at the moment

My top 10 is based on their current floor and the ceiling they can reach. Novotny, I don't think he has that much potential, I don't see it as a top 10. Ivar I can see it, but I have him in 11th

Reactions: hellwar9

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
This topic always reminds me of the storm I received for talking about Roobroeck when I was 14. My prudence had led me not to mention McKenna.

Here are those who thought they were smart, where are you ?

Things haven't changed much among the late 2007 except that McKenna outclassed Roobroeck and took on another dimension.

Apparently Alessandro Di Iorio would have taken the upper hand in Ontario 08

Some interesting names :

Gavin MCKENNA
Alessandro DI IORIO
Ryan ROOBROECK
Adam NOVOTNY
Vladimir DRAVECKY
Daxon RUDOLPH
Keaton VERHOEFF
Liam RUCK
Markus RUCK
Braidy WASSILYN
Adam VALENTINI
Dylan ROZZI
Gabriel ANCTIL
J.P HURLBERT
Mikey BERCHILD
Alexei VLASOV
Viktor FEDOROV
Viggo BJORCK
Elton HERMANSSON
Oliver TORKKI
Lincoln KUEHNE
Landon NYCZ
Evan JARDINE
Ryan BROWN
Xavier VILLENEUVE
Yaroslav FEDOSEYEV
Rafyk VAROSYAN
Carson CARELS
Joe IGINLA
Beckham EDWARDS
Gavin WEEKS
Xavier WENDT
AJ FRANCISCO
Logan LUTNER
Jackson MARTHALER
Luke SCHAIRER
Cole BUMGARNER
Aurelio GARCIA
Logan STUART
Spencer THORNBOROUGH
Zane TORRE
Parker TROTTIER
Cameron CHARTRAND
Mateo BEITES
Callum CROSKERY
Ryan LIN
Zachary NYMAN
Mathis PRESTON
Aiden O'DONNELL
Tynan LAWRENCE
Filip NOVAK
Jakub FROLO
Ivar STENBERG

Reactions: czech and hellwar9

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Alessandro Di Iorio should be in any of the early top 3-4’s.

The two best Americans I’ve watched so far are Mikey Berchild and Chase Reid. Berchild needs to physically grow. Otherwise, he’s looking at Marco Rossi range for his draft stock. Reid doesn’t get much playing time yet in the USHL for whatever reason, but I think he’s going to make waves. Reminds me of Letang.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad