1 Gavin MCKENNA
2 Dylan ROZZI
3 Ryan ROOBROECK

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Has his voice changed yet.
2 years later : n°2 OHL draft

Do you feel smart yet ?

My kid was born in 2008. Played 7 years of rec hockey but took a year off due to covid. I think next year is his year to take a big jump to lower level competitive hockey and keep climbing from there. Keep an eye on him.

His name is Wei Too JUNG.
Same thing. We were talking about Roobroeck, about Misa, about McKenna. You said we were stupid to talk about them. Where are you today?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: waitin425

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Who is the highest drafted player from the Yukon ever? I imagine it's probably Dylan Cozens, right?

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
One year later :

Roobroeck n°2 OHL
McKenna n°1 WHL

Still too early to talk about them or do we still to wait until 2026 ? You who are so smart ?
You do realize I posted what I said back in August 2022 right?.....
still got the 2023. 2024, 2025 drafts to complete before their turn is even up lol.
but yeah still might be too early

2 years later : n°2 OHL draft

Do you feel smart yet ?

Same thing. We were talking about Roobroeck, about Misa, about McKenna. You said we were stupid to talk about them. Where are you today?
I would assume he's not looking at year old comments about a draft at the time was 5 years away. LMAO.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You do realize I posted what I said back in August 2022 right?.....
still got the 2023. 2024, 2025 drafts to complete before their turn is even up lol.
but yeah still might be too early

I would assume he's not looking at year old comments about a draft at the time was 5 years away. LMAO.
Competitive hockey begins at the U11 category. Roobroeck, Misa and McKenna were already in their 15 year and had been known for 5 years already.

Two of them were already selected No. 1 in a Canadian junior league.

At this age, selective sorting is already well underway.

Players don't suddenly appear at 18.

If you think it's too early to talk about top Canadian U16 players, it's because you don't fit in with the concept of the site : Hockey Future. Either way, you've made your point.

But the past year has shown you that we weren't off the mark when talking about these players.

We have the right to be interested in the best pee-wee, bantam, midget, junior players. There are organized competitions, they are for that. I will follow the Brick Invitational in July, a tournament open to players born in 2013. If a player upgrades the event, I will talk about it.

And it's the same in other sports. Marc Llari was U8 World Chess Champion. So why not talk about it ? News articles do. It would be strange if on a site called Hockey Future, we weren't allowed to talk about the future.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Update on top prospects or most famous by region in summer 2023

West-Canada

Gavin MCKENNA (F)
Daxon RUDOLPH (D)
Riley BOYCHUK (F)
Keaton VERHOFF (D)
Noah KOSICK (F)
Brett OLSON (F)
Mathis PRESTON (F)
Liam RUCK (F)
Markus RUCK (F)
Eli BARRETT (F)

Ontario

Ryan ROOBROECK (F)
Beckham EDWARDS (F)
Quinn KIPFER (F)
Logan HAWERY (F)
Adam VALENTINI (F)
Alex MCLEAN (F)

Quebec & Maritimes

Dylan ROZZI (F)
Tynan LAWRENCE (F)

USA

Harrison BOETTIGER (G)
J.P HURLBERT (F)
Logan STUART (F)

Russia

Viktor FEDOROV (F)

Sweden

Elton HERMANSSON (F)

Finland

Oliver TORKKI (F)
Rasmus RINNE (F)
Julius SUOMINEN (D)

Czechia

none

Slovakia

Adam NEMEC (F)
Ivan MATTA (F)
Tomas CHRENKO (F)
Tobias TOMIK (F)

Other

Alexandre MONARQUE (F)

Current Top 3

1 Gavin MCKENNA
2 Dylan ROZZI
3 Ryan ROOBROECK
You’re missing quite a bit of notable Ontario kids. Kids that may not show any impressive stats on EliteProspects but are among the top kids in the class.

Here are a few:
Braidy Wassilyn (Who I think is the favourite to go #1 in the 2024 OHL draft)
Zachary Nyman
Maximus Crete
Ben Bowen
Max Dube
Kent Greer
Nik Rossetto
Parker Vaughn
Ethan Belchetz
Callum Croskery
Brady Smith
Alexander Hage

Let me know if you’d like me to share more, I have tons of knowlange of the 2008 borns.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You’re missing quite a bit of notable Ontario kids. Kids that may not show any impressive stats on EliteProspects but are among the top kids in the class.

Here are a few:
Zachary Nyman
Maximus Crete
Ben Bowen
Max Dube
Kent Greer
Nik Rossetto
Parker Vaughn
Ethan Belchetz
Callum Croskery
Brady Smith
Alexander Hage

Let me know if you’d like me to share more, I have tons of knowlange of the 2008 borns.
At this level (U15), only the best interest me - those who give certainty. Otherwise it becomes too exhaustive.

• Haha
Reactions: Lavar Ball

WayneGretzky

Jul 25, 2016

Here are a few:
Zachary Nyman
Maximus Crete
Ben Bowen
Max Dube
Kent Greer
Nik Rossetto
Parker Vaughn
Ethan Belchetz
Callum Croskery
Brady Smith
Alexander Hage

What would your top 10 look like right now? Mine is somewhere around:

McKenna
Fydorov
Hurlbert
Roobroeck
Hawery
Wassilyn
Nyman
Rudolph
Valentini
Verhoeff

Guys like Preston/Rozzi/Hermansson/Nemec are on the outside looking in

Reactions: arhockey

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
What would your top 10 look like right now? Mine is somewhere around:

McKenna
Fydorov
Hurlbert
Roobroeck
Hawery
Wassilyn
Nyman
Rudolph
Valentini
Verhoeff

Guys like Preston/Rozzi/Hermansson/Nemec are on the outside looking in
it‘s fools gold to make a “ranking“ this far out, so much changes so fast, although we have a pretty good idea of what names are notable at this stage, there are still kids that are going to develop quick and overtake a lot of the kids we are aware of.

That being said, I’m a sucker of making a list and sharing my opinion with the world.

My list wouldn’t loom too dissimilar to yours, a couple Russians in Alexi Vlasov and Nikita Gromakov deserve mention here - and I might honestly put Fyodorov at #1, he is that good.
Alex McLean is another one who maybe sneaks his way here with his recent preformances.

Fyodorov
McKenna
Preston
Wassilyn
Verhoeff
Hawery
Vlasov
Rudolph
Roobroeck
Hermansson

are 10 kids who have impressed me.

McLean, Gromakov Nyman, Dube, Olson, Garden, Hurlbert, Nelson, Rozzi and Soderberg have all impressed at some point or another this season also. Things are so fluid for this group.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
At this level (U15), only the best interest me - those who give certainty. Otherwise it becomes too exhaustive.
exhaustive or lazy?

It’s okay to admit you don’t know much about the ‘08‘s in Ontario, I’m trying to inform you that there are more kids of note than eliteprospects stats will tell you.

The Vaughn Kings for example have been the best team in the age group for years. They have a stacked roster, and many kids who are of note for next season.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Competitive hockey begins at the U11 category. Roobroeck, Misa and McKenna were already in their 15 year and had been known for 5 years already.

Two of them were already selected No. 1 in a Canadian junior league.

At this age, selective sorting is already well underway.

Players don't suddenly appear at 18.

If you think it's too early to talk about top Canadian U16 players, it's because you don't fit in with the concept of the site : Hockey Future. Either way, you've made your point.

But the past year has shown you that we weren't off the mark when talking about these players.

We have the right to be interested in the best pee-wee, bantam, midget, junior players. There are organized competitions, they are for that. I will follow the Brick Invitational in July, a tournament open to players born in 2013. If a player upgrades the event, I will talk about it.

And it's the same in other sports. Marc Llari was U8 World Chess Champion. So why not talk about it ? News articles do. It would be strange if on a site called Hockey Future, we weren't allowed to talk about the future.
I made that comment a year ago bud. not going to lie. I really dont care. if you want to watch them then go ahead.
also you never even answered my question... So do you think their balls have even dropped yet? they might have by now but back in August 2022?

not sure why you took a joke comment so seriously LMAO

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
exhaustive or lazy?

It’s okay to admit you don’t know much about the ‘08‘s in Ontario, I’m trying to inform you that there are more kids of note than eliteprospects stats will tell you.

The Vaughn Kings for example have been the best team in the age group for years. They have a stacked roster, and many kids who are of note for next season.

At this level, we lack information. There are only players who really stand out to remember. Of the guys from Ontario born in 2008 who will make careers in the NHL, there will be 7-8. Among the forwards, only 4 including 1 or 2 in a defensive profile. As much as I am the first to think that selective sorting is done very early in hockey - as much I think that they are only a few to have a guaranteed place (barring an accident) in the NHL.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I made that comment a year ago bud. not going to lie. I really dont care. if you want to watch them then go ahead.
also you never even answered my question... So do you think their balls have even dropped yet? they might have by now but back in August 2022?

not sure why you took a joke comment so seriously LMAO
I did write the following message :

"One year later :

Roobroeck n°2 OHL
McKenna n°1 WHL"

So I don't see the lie at all.

We were talking about players who were approaching their 15th birthday and who were already going through the CHL draft process. In August 2022, Ryan Roobroeck was already bigger than the average adult.

However, you came to say that you weren't interested in talking about teenagers several times. So that hardly explains your presence on the thread and even on the site which is mainly oriented towards teenagers.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
At this level, we lack information. There are only players who really stand out to remember. Of the guys from Ontario born in 2008 who will make careers in the NHL, there will be 7-8. Among the forwards, only 4 including 1 or 2 in a defensive profile. As much as I am the first to think that selective sorting is done very early in hockey - as much I think that they are only a few to have a guaranteed place (barring an accident) in the NHL.
With all due respect, I don’t nessasarily care what a lot of these kids do at the NHL level - I am identifying talent that should have prospects at being selected high in their respective amateur drafts whether that be CHL/USHL/NHL.

Simply put, I like to identify who the best players of any given age group is at any given moment. What they do in the NHL doesn’t matter as much to me.

Reactions: clevelandcane

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
it‘s fools gold to make a “ranking“ this far out, so much changes so fast, although we have a pretty good idea of what names are notable at this stage, there are still kids that are going to develop quick and overtake a lot of the kids we are aware of.

That being said, I’m a sucker of making a list and sharing my opinion with the world.

My list wouldn’t loom too dissimilar to yours, a couple Russians in Alexi Vlasov and Nikita Gromakov deserve mention here - and I might honestly put Fyodorov at #1, he is that good.
Alex McLean is another one who maybe sneaks his way here with his recent preformances.

Fyodorov
McKenna
Preston
Wassilyn
Verhoeff
Hawery
Vlasov
Rudolph
Roobroeck
Hermansson

are 10 kids who have impressed me.

McLean, Gromakov Nyman, Dube, Olson, Garden, Hurlbert, Nelson, Rozzi and Soderberg have all impressed at some point or another this season also. Things are so fluid for this group.
Did you talk about Vlasov and not Shilov? Why? Don't you think Shilov is just as talented? They play on the same team and Shilov has led two of the season's three tournaments playing at centre, while Vlasov is a winger.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Did you talk about Vlasov and not Shilov? Why? Don't you think Shilov is just as talented? They play on the same team and Shilov has led two of the season's three tournaments playing at centre, while Vlasov is a winger.
I have only seen Vlasov at the districts cup earlier in the year, and although Shilov played he didn’t stick out like Vlasov did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad