2026 FIFA World Cup venues are.....

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Fifa will win in LA since there are multiple other viable venues (Rose Bowl, LA Memorial Stadium) in Los Angeles even though Sofi is the fanciest.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Rose Bowl is in Pasadena, not LA.

Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is in a not-very-nice neighborhood. (I recall relatives going to games and having car broken into many years ago.)

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Rose Bowl is in Pasadena, not LA.

Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum is in a not-very-nice neighborhood. (I recall relatives going to games and having car broken into many years ago.)
SoFi isn't in LA, either.

Doesn't matter, they're not using the Rose Bowl. Doesn't have the suites you need to pamper FIFA's partners that a modern World Cup requires.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
FIFA is capable of ignoring Los Angeles altogether. There might be an out-of-court settlement, too.

If you read the inference from various articles, FIFA already chose Dallas for the final, but hasn’t announced it yet. That’s really the heart of this. That’s pissing Kronk errr Kroenke off. It’d be even funnier if FIFA makes an arrangement to temporarily add some seats to the Galaxy Stadium and play some lesser round robin games there.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
It’s curious that the group schedules weren’t released today. Seeing how the regionalization is supposed to work would be helpful. Supposedly, those were released in 2011 for the 2014 cup in Brazil. So… kind of odd that this went down that way. Wonder why.

The kickoff times for 2014 weren’t released until September 2012. The next funny thing is, if you go by how the matches are numbered, there will be later kickoffs in Guadalajara and Monterrey. Shrug.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad