Prospect Info: 2024 World Juniors

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Did Havelid get top goalie over Augustine?

Yup.

Media all stars are apparently...

Kulich
Gauthier
Lekkerimaki (mvp?!!)
Lindstein
Hutson
H. Havelid

Best players by directorate
Gauthier
Sandin Pelikka
H. Havelid

Theo Lindstein looked great in blowouts. Not too impressed otherwise. Havelid looked pretty good but didn't really get challenged until today, and he gave up 5. And he almost cost his team against Switzerland.

I smell homecooking.

Johansson popping that Montreal Canadian twerp a few times was the icing on a very entertaining hockey cake. Way to go Trey Augustine and keep up the good work Red Wings prospects.

Umm...Johansson got handled by 5'3" Hutson.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Well, “top goalie” obviously doesn’t mean much in this tournament. Havelid was terrible today.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Congrats to USA, they had a slow start to the tournament in game 1, and a slow start against Finland, but were otherwise the wagon they were expected to be. Great performance.

And it’s great to have a gold medal-winning goalie in our prospect stable. Hard not to be excited about Augustine. He passed the eye test so well I never even bothered looking at his stats until the tourney was over.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Nice to see Augustine look sharp in backstopping the Gold medal victors!
(Also nice to see all my USA bet slips cash sweat free)

Overall an excellent tourny for ASP too!
Swedes were just overmatched today.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Gabe Perreault not being top 10 in his draft class is like Noah Dobson not being top 10 in his draft class.

Neither one will ever make sense to me.
I was surprised how far back he was picked. Benson and Perreault were tops on my wish list at number 9. Great tournament by Gabe. He might add a natty to that gold medal.

Dobson was definitely my choice when we drafted crap-bag. It's like the content of your post kicked me in each nut.

Hats off to Sweden for a great tournament!

• Haha
Reactions: Realgud and Frk It

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Man, the 2023 Wings Draft Class has a chance to be really good... Danielson, ASP & Augustine showed out this year... Andrew Gibson is having a great season for Soo and should be on Canada's radar next year... NDN would have made Sweden's roster if he didn't miss all of the season.

Murmansk16A

Apr 29, 2022
Looked like a pillow fight but Hutsons face was covered in blood so something landed pretty hard lol
Hutson took a high stick earlier in the period, which caused him to bleed. The fight reopened that same wound/scratch.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Hutson took a high stick earlier in the period, which caused him to bleed. The fight reopened that same wound/scratch.
What I find amusing these days (boomer tales with FMichael) are descriptions of physical play, fights, truculence, etc.

The description above led me to believe it went down like this…

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Man, the 2023 Wings Draft Class has a chance to be really good... Danielson, ASP & Augustine showed out this year... Andrew Gibson is having a great season for Soo and should be on Canada's radar next year... NDN would have made Sweden's roster if he didn't miss all of the season.

Yeah, that 2023 is vey special and it could "eat" some skill out from 2022 and 2024 classes.

2024 is only Celebrini, then very fast meh after him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad