OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The HFBoards site is a total piece of shit now. It auto refreshes constantly erasing what I’m typing out, and also has Jason pop-ups that land in middle of screen and can’t be exed out. Anyone else noticing this? Can any of it be fixed?
I don't experience any of that, on Mac, Windows or Android. Maybe the $12 for a year of being a sponsor, which eliminates those pop ups, is why? Money well spent IMO.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The HFBoards site is a total piece of shit now. It auto refreshes constantly erasing what I’m typing out, and also has Jason pop-ups that land in middle of screen and can’t be exed out. Anyone else noticing this? Can any of it be fixed?
It is. It drives me crazy. Mine “refreshes” on its own, all the time. It’s impossible to write anything, for the most part.

I’m told if you sign up as a sponsor, the ads go away. It’s a buck a month.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Saw this posted elsewhere. From a Pats beat reporter - good sense of what is was like in person today.

Excerpt:

After watching him hit go-to receiver Tez Walker in stride on a 65-yard bomb, my immediate thought was, "How do the Commanders pass on this guy at No. 2 overall?" Washington, who controls the Patriots destiny in this draft, could fall in love with Daniels' dual-threat ability. But when it comes to who has more clubs in their bag, there's no question that Maye brings a much bigger repertoire of throws to the table as a pure passer.

The other significant change could explain one of the biggest knocks on Maye as a prospect. Before his arrival, Maye was backpedaling in his drop-backs rather than shuffling his feet under the old regime. Lindsey's staff changed that to a more pro-style approach, so it was a transition for Maye, who admittedly has unsettled feet at times in the pocket.

Here is the same author's report on JDs pro day, just for comparison.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Hmmm Kurt Warner just now on Pat M, was asked if this is a draft where you can have multiple successful QBs.

He said yes, and in order went from:

CW
JD
Penix
DM
JJM

Glowing remarks about the first two, even Penix, DM, he calls out his consistency, but his potential “is there”….not as high on JJM as many he said…..

Later on talks more about Maye and talks about missing too many layups, too many easy throws where his feet are out of whack. Goes on to say the best QBs in the NFL make those layups so you don’t always have to rely on special playmaking that might happen 4-5 times a game….if you make those layups you put your team in a position to win regularly.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006

I finally got duck duck go…

Duck duck gone refresh, screen squeezing, pop ups and all the associated annoyances that were/are part of this site.

Reactions: John Price

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Orlovsky doesn’t waiver today….has JD ranked 1…..

Says Maye will probably need to sit at least 1 year….minimum.

I don't think anyone is adjusting their boards over these pro days. JD pretty much only showed up to help his teammates. Its such a formality at this point, no longer any real differentiator. Only one QB in the top 6 even ran, the guy with a history of knee injuries. No one else could be bothered. Although the measurements part has some value, there really aren't any big surprises there either. Game films and face to face meetings are all these teams care about.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Oh I’ll gladly pay 12 bucks. How do I do it I can’t find the sponsor option on iPhone.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
My name is Jason so sorry to hear that seeing a picture of a 54 year old suburban softy on the site is annoying.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
More and more chatter about us taking JJ at #2, I just don't see it
Taking a guy whose college career cast him as a game manager over 3 guys who have been the show for their respective programs is the dictionary definition of "outsmarting one's self."

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
where are you hearing that?

His odds to go #2 have also increased pretty significantly. From what I’ve heard, the buzz around Mccarthy is very real among NFL circles and the media is way behind. Multiple teams have him ahead of maye as QB2, including the vikings and giants. Most likely smokescreens but its out there

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

His odds to go #2 have also increased pretty significantly. From what I’ve heard, the buzz around Mccarthy is very real among NFL circles and the media is way behind. Multiple teams have him ahead of maye as QB2, including the vikings and giants. Most likely smokescreens but its out there
Remember this is peak lying season.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal

Dudes twisting their brains into knots. Some JJM love though.

I can’t believe there’s still a whole month left of this insanity. Serenity now!!

Reactions: TCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad