Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If Ottawa is serious about a shake up we need to target Brady Tkachuk. He'd be the perfect replacement for Nuke/Landeskog.
With what money? If you replace Rantanen with Tkachuk, you still need to trade away someone in order to sign Mittelstadt, maybe Drouin and fill out the roster.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
What would your offer be?
Probably something like Tkachuk+ for Rantanen. The + wouldn't be very much IMO. Hell I'll do it straight up TBH.

With what money? If you replace Rantanen with Tkachuk, you still need to trade away someone in order to sign Mittelstadt, maybe Drouin and fill out the roster.
Not really assuming Nuke is going to be gone.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Not really assuming Nuke is going to be gone.
Nuke will be gone, no doubt. How and when his contract will be gone, and will it be gone without a cap penalty? That's totally up in the air, and very much could still be up in the air even when the season starts.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
@Muffin I'd think rantanen would have Ottawa on his 9 team list.

Get a decent haul for mikko first then use that for tkachuk..
This is just a contradicting post. First of all, if you want a haul for Rantanen, the team acquiring him needs to know he will sign an extension there. As good as Mikko is, no one is paying a haul for a one year rental. So if somehow that miraculous trade of Tkachuk for Rantanen was to come about, it would mean Ottawa and Mikko already have a framework of an extension in place.

Reactions: Balthazar

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
This is just a contradicting post. First of all, if you want a haul for Rantanen, the team acquiring him needs to know he will sign an extension there. As good as Mikko is, no one is paying a haul for a one year rental. So if somehow that miraculous trade of Tkachuk for Rantanen was to come about, it would mean Ottawa and Mikko already have a framework of an extension in place.
I think he’s trying to say that Mikko wouldn't waive for Ottawa or re-sign there so you’d have to involve a third team (like the Canes) that he would sign with and get a haul from then for Rantanen and flip that haul for Tkachuk

Reactions: MarkT

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think he’s trying to say that Mikko wouldn't waive for Ottawa or re-sign there so you’d have to involve a third team (like the Canes) that he would sign with and get a haul from then for Rantanen and flip that haul for Tkachuk
Fair enough. Why would Ottawa do this? Brady might be unhappy, but they are not in a rebuild. They are trying to take a step forward, fight for a spot in the playoffs. What are they going to do with futures or bits and pieces? Then trade them to another team for a marquee player?

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Fair enough. Why would Ottawa do this? Brady might be unhappy, but they are not in a rebuild. They are trying to take a step forward, fight for a spot in the playoffs. What are they going to do with futures or bits and pieces? Then trade them to another team for a marquee player?
In theory, if they want to change their locker room a bit.

But if I'm sending mikko to the canes, I'd probably just keep Jarvis, get him on an 8x7.5 or something

Reactions: AslanRH

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That’s a bold claim. I’d say it’s at least 60/40. And if not signed July 1st, each passing day the trade odds gets higher.
Were you afraid that MacK was also getting traded because he didn't sign July 1st?

The Avs have shown they will take their time. Landeskog was literally signed 1 day before he hit UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad