Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I won't even be surprised if the Avs don't terminate his contract TBH.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Can we trade him while he's on the program? I really think someone would take him for free. The reward is so high if he can turn it around.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
In Michael Scott terms, can someone explain this to me like I’m 5 years old. But to guess, does that mean depending on when Nichushkin comes back, there’s needs to be a certain amount of space available depending how much time is left in the season?
Yes... Essentially he will miss in the realm of 30/180 days at this point... so they have to leave ~5.1m in space for Nuke to come back.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I hope they put something on contact where they can release him. They had to know he had an issue and tried to protect themselves?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Dont have our first next year :laugh:

Actually I guess if they did go full scorched Earth we'd probably finish bottom 10.
Even if we retooled and traded anyone with a semblance of value, aka Manson, G, Lehky, Rants, LOC, and Colton we'd be left with:

Drouin - Mackinnon
Mittlestadt - Nuke
Wood

Toews - Makar
Walker*

With that base alone we'd still probably finish outside the bottom 10 range.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Even if we retooled and traded anyone with a semblance of value, aka Manson, G, Lehky, Rants, LOC, and Colton we'd be left with:

Drouin - Mackinnon
Mittlestadt - Nuke
Wood

Toews - Makar
Walker*

With that base alone we'd still probably finish outside the bottom 10 range.

I dunno, it feels like next year would be a good time to get Makar that surgery he's need for the last 18 months or so.

I also cant imagine Nuke still being around for the retool personally :laugh:

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Yes... Essentially he will miss in the realm of 30/180 days at this point... so they have to leave ~5.1m in space for Nuke to come back.
So now we need to find out about the buyout stuff. If we have grounds to terminate without penalty. Cause it sounds like we can trade him. But honestly who in the hell knows the market around a great player but with Evander Kane-esque baggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad