Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Who would have the most interest in Rants and what sort of package are you looking for?
To me it's either a young ELC goalie (get that goalie you can ship out Georgiev salary too), or just the best player you can get that's ELC (center? d man?).
Not a trade I want to get the most assets/depth but the best low AAV piece possible.

Ideally I'd look at a young defenseman in case you need to ship out Manson/Girard, and then you want draft capital in there too.

If you can include Georgiev and get back a nice Goalie that's breaking in to the NHL (or if they want another crack at the "backup who's ready to be a full-time starter" route, I guess).

But honestly, you take the absolute best package you can get, no matter what position the player(s) play. You can always flip those assets for better suited needs. And I agree with the notion that the Avs won't do it, but it would absolutely be something I would explore this offseason just simply due to needing to continue having that depth through the lineup.

That's not to say that Mikko is "easily replaceable", he's not. His offensive production would be sorely missed. But there's no denying that the Avs have to reallocate some of their resources to help balance the lineup.

Reactions: Chiarelli

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Maybe they can in time. The Avs have built their system around defense and when they have been at their best, they have 5 legit guys. Going from 5 to 3 in a year just seems wildly out of character. They went to lengths to keep 5 guys for this run.
They had 5 for last year's run, too.

And 5 for the cup run, too (before Girard got hurt).

I agree that they're keeping 4.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
The solution is simple:

1- Trade Rants and Girard for futures (take no contract back) = 14.25M in savings
2- Use 7M on Landy
3- Use 3M on Mitts
4- Use 3M on Drouin long term
5- Pray that Behren can replace Girard

Now all you have left to do is fix the goalie situation.

Brilliant.

We become much worse and are relying on Landeskog with one knee and Drouin who can never stay healthy as 2 of the top 6 forwards.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They had 5 for last year's run, too.

And 5 for the cup run, too (before Girard got hurt).

I agree that they're keeping 4.
Yup... and they'll add a 5th around the deadline (if not sooner). It is how they value and operate around the position especially with the importance of the system. We can certainly debate which 4, but the ones who are the likely the single cut (G, Manson, Walker) all would be about the same cap hit. 4 of them will be around though and they'll work to get that 5th guy.

Reactions: GeoRox89 and ABasin

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
About what?

You guys pissing your pants saying we didn’t stand a chance vs Winnipeg and that Georgiev was cooked?
It’s a legit concern with georgiev, he showed up last night that’s what we need. There isn’t anything changing that this season might as well TEY and get behind him

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Drouin ain't coming back for under 3M. He earned a big-ish money deal just like Rodrigues.
Uhh...Rodrigues signed for a 4 x 3 mil contract, so if that's a big-ish money deal than we definitely could bring back Drouin :sarcasm:

Drouin earned at minimum a 4 x 4 mil contract from another team. It just depends on how much he likes playing for the Avs. He's already made bank, so he could decide that losing out on a few mil is worth it to stay.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think if Drouin ends up missing the entire playoffs, he might have to sign a 1 year deal for cheap to not only prove last year wasn't a fluke, but also to prove that he's healthy.

I could see him getting a Tatar/Rodrigues type of deal again with us. Certainly not league minimum, but not breaking the bank either.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
This discussion is so misguided.

It starts with clarification of Landeskog (that may not come).

Then it’s, what’s Rantanen’s number. He’s already said he foresees resigning with the Avs.

Then it’s what’s the value disparity between someone like Girard and, say, Jones or Behrens.

What do the Avs do about 2 RD? Let Walker walk? Trade Manson? Both?

Lehkonen or Rantanen? If there’s one player who has been frustrating for MacFarland, it’s most likely Nichushkin.

Reactions: Gruyeriev and Miri

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Rants should get you cost controlled younger D and F + some draft capital.

While that probably fills needs while keeping the window open better than most other combination of trades we've tossed around, agree with the others that this is < 10% likely to happen

Reactions: Chiarelli

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Rants should get you cost controlled younger D and F + some draft capital.

While that probably fills needs while keeping the window open better than most other combination of trades we've tossed around, agree with the others that this is < 10% likely to happen

Should?

A top 10 player in the league had better get you more than two unknowns.

He would get much more than what Huberdeau got but it doesn’t matter because we aren’t trading him.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Should?

A top 10 player in the league had better get you more than two unknowns.

He would get much more than what Huberdeau got but it doesn’t matter because we aren’t trading him.
I didn't say unknown, but I know how upsetting non 20 player roster possibilities are for you so I'll let it slide

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
Nuke has not a "lacerated spleen" or "back-problems", that just disappear just in time for game 1 for 3 years in a row... :cool:

Keep Nuke away from Vegas as far as you can. Once he enters this "city", he wont be seen again..... Contract termination. :D
Nuke in Vegas:

1714071226725.png

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I didn't say unknown, but I know how upsetting non 20 player roster possibilities are for you so I'll let it slide

Well show some scenarios of players you’d like to acquire then in your scenerio that doesn’t make us significantly worse by trading Rantanen.

Andrew Wiggin

Feb 8, 2020
Well show some scenarios of players you’d like to acquire then in your scenerio that doesn’t make us significantly worse by trading Rantanen.
The sabres fans dont have a ton of interest in it, but something around Tuch with draft picks and futures. Tuch is a good even strength player, big bodied right shot that has a decent cap hit that will allow for flexibility on keeping others while being a top 6 player himself.

Druoin/MacK/Nuke
Landy/Mitts/Tuch
Lehky/Colton/LOC
Wood/Trenin/Kovalenko

Toews/Makar
Girard/Manson
Jones/Malinski

Georgiev/Annunen

Probably cant keep Walker unless you unload another D man but it evens out the fwd corps and gives some flexibilty if you want to upgrade in goal or at another position. Assuming Landy comes back, if not move Lehky up and upgrade somewhere else in the lineup.

Reactions: Brett44

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I wonder if Utah would have interest in Mikko. I assume they would like a star player to help bring fans through the doors. Mikko is certainly not dynamic like Mack, McDavid, etc. but he scores goals. Not sure Mikko would want to sign there though and he might have them on his NTC list.

One guy I would like part of the package would be Guenther.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I wonder if Utah would have interest in Mikko. I assume they would like a star player to help bring fans through the doors. Mikko is certainly not dynamic like Mack, McDavid, etc. but he scores goals. Not sure Mikko would want to sign there though and he might have them on his NTC list.

One guy I would like part of the package would be Guenther.
Stop shitting on SLC!!!

• Haha
Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad