Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Did they know by the start of free agency last summer? I thought the translation of the interview said "at the end of last summer"?.. I just got the impression from the translation that it would have been closer to camp they were informed...:dunno:
Even if you assume that is the case, they’d have had to have known it was crossing his mind with the exit interviews. Which signals they should have at least gotten a 3 like Lyon.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Wasting this seasons depth with no goalie. They may have a goalie next year, but they'll have no bottom 6 depth, and the D is gonna be an average of 5'10".

That's like 4" taller than Little G! Must be because we're replacing him with the much bigger, meaner, and better Behrens.

Reactions: The Moops

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Feels like this team have had playoff goalie issues for the whole Bednar era (not his fault obviously).

Went from playing the Hamburglar one year, playing Hutchinson the other and even the cup year it was a disaster.

The year that Grubauer shat the bed vs Vegas. Last year's Georgiev.

Then we have this year who's a f***ing mess.

It's never, ever, smooth and I'm sick of this.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Feels like this team have had playoff goalie issues for the whole Bednar era (not his fault obviously).

Went from playing the Hamburglar one year, playing Hutchinson the other and even the cup year it was a disaster.

The year that Grubauer shat the bed vs Vegas. Last year's Georgiev.

Then we have this year who's a f***ing mess.

It's never, ever, smooth and I'm sick of this.
That's because of the $ invested in the position.

For some reason, the Avs' FO (likely with some input from the analytics department) has determined that they can contend while spending up to a certain amount on both your starting and backup goaltender.

That's why we've seen them trade for and sign Grubauer & Georgiev to AAV's in the 3.5 area, and why Francouz was 2M AAV. We got Kuemper at 3.5M through retention.

So basically, it appears that they want to devote no more than $5.5Mish AAV to the position as a whole.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That's because of the $ invested in the position.

For some reason, the Avs' FO (likely with some input from the analytics department) has determined that they can contend while spending up to a certain amount on both your starting and backup goaltender.

That's why we've seen them trade for and sign Grubauer & Georgiev to AAV's in the 3.5 area, and why Francouz was 2M AAV. We got Kuemper at 3.5M through retention.

So basically, it appears that they want to devote no more than $5.5Mish AAV to the position as a whole.
This year they didn't even go there. They didn't even want to spend Francouz' money.

I get that you can win the cup without a 9M AAV starter but at one point you get what you pay for.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
IMG_6638.jpeg

I dumped Manson and Girard. Did a goalie swap and also obvi we’ll have to pay so I added fair picks and a prospect. Also I traded Lehkonen, which is a very real possibility we’ll have to do this summer. Either we re-sign Drouin or Lehko stays is how I see it. I like this defense. Our C depth is crazy. I think I’d like this 4th line A LOT like I did Cogliano-Helm-LOC. We’d probly need to upgrade at 3RD by TDL. And also a third liner winger. But that’s how we’re most likely gonna need to start the year. With a little underwhelming personnel then full send TDL like we did this past year. Like I said I think the trades I made were very fair and reasonable. And after all them I have 2 first round picks and 2 2nd round picks. Plus Gulyayev and Ritchie. So we’d have ammo to use at the deadline to bring in assets. But go ahead and roast this into oblivion but don’t be too mean to me or I might fall in love with you.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Manson or Lehky? I want to keep both, I just don't know how with the cap. Even if we trade G. Because I honestly don't think management is going to let Mikko walk.
We can Frankenstein them. Manson and Lehky mixed together would be one helluva hockey player. We would just need to decide if he’s gonna be a forward or D

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Wild thought - if Landy is healthy enough to come back, you slot him at the #3C position.

Trade G and Colton for futures and you have ~$3.5-4.5 mil for #2 LHD replacement with a 22 man roster depending on what Drouin and Mitts get.

1713938315960.png

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Wild thought - if Landy is healthy enough to come back, you slot him at the #3C position.

Trade G and Colton for futures and you have ~$3.5-4.5 mil for #2 LHD replacement with a 22 man roster based on what Drouin and Mitts get.

View attachment 858733
Random point but unless something has majorly changed Keaton Middleton cannot and will not be called up again. Not really sure why he even has a 2 way contract at this point (not getting into why). Have to find a different minimum contract 7D

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Random point but unless something has majorly changed Keaton Middleton cannot and will not be called up again. Not really sure why he even has a 2 way contract at this point (not getting into why). Have to find a different minimum contract 7D
He's just there for cap purposes, same with Wagner. Just assume it's JMFJ or another vet that wants to chase the cup.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Trade G and Colton for futures and

You dont trade a guy after just one year into his new contract he signed last summer for 4 years unless you are absolutely certain it wont work or its just a bad match (RyJo, Tatar for example).

Just not a good look. Even more because Denver is not the most desirable location for Free Agents. (idiots, by the way. :D)

Thats "Vegas-Business". The AVS have shown that they dont to this kind of business unless there is no other choice.

Girard will be one of the guys to go. And i fear we cant keep Droiun either.

Gonna be a tough off-season for CMac and some hard decisions to make.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Someone just needs to LTIR next season (Makar or Manson) and we'll all be fine young hypocrites.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Trade G and Colton for futures and you have ~$3.5-4.5 mil for #2 LHD replacement with a 22 man roster depending on what Drouin and Mitts get.

View attachment 858733
Drouin ain't coming back for under 3M. He earned a big-ish money deal just like Rodrigues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad