Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
people liked Pod as early as top 3 in that draft if I recall.
People were obsessed with how good he looked vs men and how NHL ready he was. There were a select few teams that adored him. The skill became an apparent issue and his IQ/skating combo is really lacking. I think there is a NHL player there, but I'm not sure he's more than a 3rd liner ever. If that.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Can we talk about the fact that the Avs knew LAST SUMMER that Frankie wasn't coming back this year yet they made no effort to find a real backup goalie for Georgiev? The plan really was to run Georgiev into the ground and play him 65 games.

This org really doesn't care about overplaying players then we wonder why we have so many injuries.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Can we talk about the fact that the Avs knew LAST SUMMER that Frankie wasn't coming back this year yet they made no effort to find a real backup goalie for Georgiev? The plan really was to run Georgiev into the ground and play him 65 games.

This org really doesn't care about overplaying players then we wonder why we have so many injuries.
They pigeon hole themselves into these situations because they suck at drafting which leads to expending more assets than normal just to operate year to year and therefore having a general lack of premium assets they are ever willing to give up. The lack of assets forces them to try the shitty players they draft or acquire by other means out of necessity, pride, or just ignorance.

It’s honestly a shame the dumb luck this franchise has found over the years (Roy trade/acquiring a good nordiques roster/countless top picks) as it as it has enabled this horrible hockey operations to continue on thinking everything is fine when in reality this is one of the poorest runs teams in the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Perhaps when it comes to submitting game day rosters, players are simply commodities.

Use 'em or lose 'em...

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

It's a big miss that they didn't go after a reasonably priced UFA goalie.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I wonder if Utah could be interested in Girard this summer?

They'll have cap space, they have holes at D and an owner willing to spend money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad