Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Mack has absolutely carried this team this year but especially Makar and Mikko

I’d be thrilled to be proven wrong and have them go deep but they look like a group that needs a shakeup and/or retool (especially of the D)
If we fail in the playoffs again I'd be OK with a coaching change as well. I want to see this core under a different style of coaching.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I still don't see a coaching change up (at least not Bednar) while we still make the playoffs every year. 7 years straight now.

I think beds will be in the hot seat next year if we lose in the first round again this season but I only see a coaching change the following year if there's no improvement.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
If we fail in the playoffs again I'd be OK with a coaching change as well. I want to see this core under a different style of coaching.
In the event of another first round exit, it’s an option that’s worth looking at depending who is available (doesn’t seem like just dumping Pratt and Bennett would happen). Gallant seems to get about a 1-2 year window before it all goes to hell but cant really expect them to be much more than a wild card after that point anyways

The most important thing is they got that 22 win. Even though everyone obviously wants more, at least the group got there once and you can be a little more aggressive knowing that you’re playing for another rather than just winning one at all

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
This season started on the wrong foot (Rants drama, Toews calling out players, etc) and it felt like we never really got going. A shitload of our wins are coming from behind wins and are solely due to Mackinnon playing unreal hockey.

We blamed this on RyJo and not having a 2C for a good chunk of the season. Then Makar's "injury". Now it's goaltending.

Add to that that Mikko has played pretty damn bad all year despite his offensive stats.

The truth is something has been wrong with this team all season and I'm losing hope that it's going to be OK for the playoffs.
It’s been goaltending dating back to last year. That was always my number one bitch

Reactions: CobraAcesS

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
4giev+Colton to SLC for Ingram+macelli
how much sense would that be for a team that is starting to play better move to a new city where they will try to get better and develope a fan base, after being the laughing stock of the league for a very long time do you ever stop to think before you post.

Not to mention both Arizona players in this trade are far superior to what your tossing out… really baf

Reactions: Balthazar

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
how much sense would that be for a team that is starting to play better move to a new city where they will try to get better and develope a fan base, after being the laughing stock of the league for a very long time do you ever stop to think before you post.

Not to mention both Arizona players in this trade are far superior to what your tossing out… really baf
Colton would be the right player, but then 4giev nullifies it.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Colton would be the right player, but then 4giev nullifies it.
Matias Maccelli Is a 55 point player in a pretty bad team. He’s a LW not a center. He’s younger , as a certain poster always says here we need better center man not more wingers. It’s still way off from a value stand point or atleast how I see it

I’d like to see Colorado put up an offer for Davis. From the pios although he’s not very big 6ft I mean atleast we could get some tenders that might not suck in the system

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Matias Maccelli Is a 55 point player in a pretty bad team. He’s a LW not a center. He’s younger , as a certain poster always says here we need better center man not more wingers. It’s still way off from a value stand point or atleast how I see it

I’d like to see Colorado put up an offer for Davis. From the pios although he’s not very big 6th
Lehky Nate Mikko
Macelli mitts Nuke
Gabe Ritchie LOC(kovalenko)
Wood Pavel kovalenko(LOC)

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
The fact that I'm bored and trying to talk about something other than today's icecapades.
The game sucked ass. I get that you’d like to talk about anything else, how about responding to the points I raised. That’s how discourse works.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
The game sucked ass. I get that you’d like to talk about anything else, how about responding to the points I raised. That’s how discourse works.
Well supposedly the team will be aggressive and change identity, so Colton has a good amount of playoffs/plays the right way. I also just wanted to throw out a different team besides the Ottawa/Buffalo teams. Honestly I'd Rather go after UPL/Rosen.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Well supposedly the team will be aggressive and change identity, so Colton has a good amount of playoffs/plays the right way. I also just wanted to throw out a different team besides the Ottawa/Buffalo teams. Honestly I'd Rather go after UPL/Rosen.
Forget Colton.

If the Avs were to trade Rantanen SLC would make the most sense. Having a real superstar to help a new sport in a new city would certainly be welcomed...and in return, well, look at that. They have a top 5ish pick.

Only downside is trading him in division but I'd not care about that at all.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Forget Colton.

If the Avs were to trade Rantanen SLC would make the most sense. Having a real superstar to help a new sport in a new city would certainly be welcomed...and in return, well, look at that. They have a top 5ish pick.

That pick will be 2-3 years from helping us compete. If you’re trading Rants to them get Cooley

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Forget Colton.

I like your thinking here but only way this could work is if he’s willing to re-sign with them. They aren’t giving us a pile of value for one year of Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad